Career focussed at a young age and relationships (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I am a really ambitious person. I have a lot of philosophical, financial and romantic goals which I would like to achieve, getting into a top tier firm with a stable job is my first aim. I've always had high expectations for myself, it's a bad mindset, but I wouldn't accept any job lower than a specified income in Uni. For example, my first job wasn't any fast food store at all, but Officeworks.

In contrary, I don't give a crap about reputation, but I do care about getting the respect that I desire. Hard to grasp, but retiring early is my goal. And Prop. or HFT is a good way in doing this.

People have told me to be realistic and such, but little do they know how much knowledge I know much more than them at such a young age :rotfl:
I'm curious how do you differentiate between reputation and respect in this context? Or do you mean social vs professional contexts?

Just checking, you're still in high school right?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
getting into a top tier firm with a stable job is my first aim. I've always had high expectations for myself, it's a bad mindset

Hard to grasp, but retiring early is my goal.
Same and Same

i spend too much time on financial subreddits and I definitely wanna build up some passive income and escape the rat race

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I totally forgot about this thread... but I've come to realise most of my friends (including myself) are now married approximately 10-11 years after finishing HSC - even those who were very career focussed. Not everyone stayed in the professional space and some of my finance friends have moved on to pursue other things (a few startups, teaching, cooking, etc) and it's funny to look back as some of these guys were hardcore #finance4lyf kind of people back in high school/uni. Heck, even some of them were hardcore med is the only way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)