Case study essay, need help pls (1 Viewer)

Jase345

HSC
“Explain the influence of technology on the operations process”

Max marks criteria:
  • Clearly states the impact of technology on at least TWO stages of the
operations process.
  • Applies the McDonalds case study plus ONE other relevant case study to
effectively demonstrate the impact of technology on operations.
  • Presents a sustained, logical and cohesive response and communicates
clearly using relevant business terminology and concepts
Harvard Referencing

What I have so far:

Technology influences the operations process, in the input process , in both transforming and transformed inputs. A transformed resource being inputs that are changed or converted in the operations process and a transforming input, being resources that are used to perform the transformational process. Inputs technology may affect include customers and human resources. One example of a technology being used to do this is the self-serve kiosks by McDonalds which are employed in stores and sometimes through some drive-throughs, with high visibility. Human resources coordinate and combine inputs to transform them. These kiosks affect human resources as a transforming input as they increase the efficiency of the ordering process, using less staff, allowing customers to input their orders themselves. This allows a business to reduce its human resources inputs or to relocate them to other parts of the operations process. Technology also influences customers as an input, because customers become a transformed resource when their choices affect inputs. Therefore the Kiosks influence customers as a transformed input by allowing them to view the whole menu, and giving them more time to choose. This resulted in “a 6% increase in sales” (Business Insider, 2021). Therefore, technology can influence the inputs of an operations process, allowing greater efficiency and increasing sales.

(I just wanted to see if I’m doing it correctly before I continue)
My school doesn’t allow any feedback until after submission, and I don’t have a tutor so.. I’m asking you guys

thanks in advance.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall it looks good to me - you've stated the influence technology has on the operations processes, from which you then listed and elaborated on inputs and transformation processes as per the marking criteria. You established links between your theory and the McDonald's case study according to the marking criteria. So now what you need to do is incorporate another case study into your answer. Of course, you'll have to do some polishing/adjustments which can be done once you've completed your whole response.

I'm sorry if this is a bit short - I'm at uni at the time of writing this reply but I hope it helps! :D

Jase345

HSC
Overall it looks good to me - you've stated the influence technology has on the operations processes, from which you then listed and elaborated on inputs and transformation processes as per the marking criteria. You established links between your theory and the McDonald's case study according to the marking criteria. So now what you need to do is incorporate another case study into your answer. Of course, you'll have to do some polishing/adjustments which can be done once you've completed your whole response.

I'm sorry if this is a bit short - I'm at uni at the time of writing this reply but I hope it helps! :D
Thank you!

if anyone else has feedback, would appreciate it! thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)