Caught out on Facebook chucking a sickie. (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
A CALL centre employee has come unstuck after his boss caught him bragging about "chucking a sickie" on his Facebook profile.

Kyle Doyle's attempt at claiming a sick day after a big night out was the talk of Sydney yesterday, with an email exchange between the 21-year-old and his boss circulating in office blocks across the city.

"Kyle Doyle is not going to work, f**k it I'm still trashed. SICKIE WOO!," he posted on his profile after failing to turn up to work.

He then allegedly tried to claim the day off for "medical reasons", but was busted after his boss saw his post.

His manager at a telecommunications company picked up on what Mr Doyle was doing and then sent him an email stating he did not believe his sick day was legitimate, without revealing at first he had proof.

"Hi Kyle," his workforce operations manager Niresh Regmi wrote on August 27.
"Please provide a medical certificate stating a valid reason for your sick leave on Thursday 21st 2008. Thank You."

To wish Mr Doyle, who lives in Sydney, replied:
"1 day leave absences do not require a medical certificate as stated in my contract, provided I have stated that I am on leave for medical reasons."
Mr Regmi again said they only granted one day off for "genuine medical reasons".

"You (sic) line manager has determined that your leave was not due to medical reasons and as such we cannot grant leave on this occasion," Mr Regmi stated.
But Mr Doyle still remained adamant he had taken a sick day off.

"My leave was due to medical reasons, so you cannot deny leave based on a line manager's discretion, with no proof, please process leave as requested."
When Mr Doyle realised he had been found out, he responded good-naturedly: "HAHAHA LMAO epic fail. No worries man."

The Daily Telegraph could not get in contact with Mr Doyle or his employer yesterday.
Wtf is this 'good-naturedly' shit? His reply when caught out was "LMAO epic fail."

Oh wait. He works at a call centre.

Scissors

HSC
Shouldn't it have been "he responded in good nature"?

Anyway, this is a pretty funny story. His boss played him for a fool. Nice.

HSC
At least he didn't get fired...how funny is that. Has anyone got any funny stories about how they've been caught out but in a different way?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i already got this email 3 times in the past couple of days
wow
i'm ahead of the net!

not.

aisha aisha passing me by
here she go again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)