Chances of getting in final round? (1 Viewer)

Mandals

HSC
Yes, this is one of those "what are my chances" threads (not surprising, considering my title I suppose).

I have completed a year at Sydney with something like a 79 average and my uai (2007) was 96.1. I got into UNSW combined law which was my second preference, but my true love is for Sydney and I'd prefer to stay there. What do you think the chances of getting into combined law at sydney final round are? Also, if I don't accept the UNSW one by the main round applicatons accepting date (the 30th) will I be offerred it again in final round if I don't get into Sydney?

Thanks in advance :)

jtyler

HSC
Can't say whether or not you'd get in (and no-one else here can give anything more than a vague suggestion), but I'd enrol at UNSW now, wait for the late round, and if you get into usyd you can cancel your enrolment at UNSW.

ballin

Banned
HSC
you have no chance getting in at sydney in the final round. still do what the guy above said, and hope that some transferee dies or something. if you love sydney that much, just wait it out for another 2 years and then do graduate law

Mandals

HSC
Yeah, I will probably just wait it out with my international studies course at USYD and do grad law, just wondering if I should get my hopes up or not. Still sort of kind of considering UNSW but I don't want to accept it and then not be able to get back into international and global studies.

Also still wondering about the second thing - if I don't accept is it likely UNSW will offer it to me in final round?

Thanks guys for the responses though. :)

HSC
I've been told that to transfer into USyd law you need a UAI in the 90s and a distinction average. You have both of those things, so there may still be a slim chance that you'll get a position.

But I agree with ballin that grad law is a very good option if you're set on usyd law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)