• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

changing text type (1 Viewer)

lilkatie

At this period in time, is it too late to change say from a short story to a speech??

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
nope, but you have to change like RIGHT NOW, so that you have sufficient time to edit etc, you can also use your earlier research in your new text as well so it should be okay.

lilkatie

But havent text types being submitted to the BOS already? Does that matter?

Khypheneight

HSC
Man, if you're changing like right now, I'd work at it! I mean the due date is in August, 23rd to be exact! Good luck!

know_it_all

text types havnt been submitted in yet.. (to whoever sed they were)
start working like NOW but

Gud Luk!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
If you're changing text type, but your concept remains the same, you should be fine. Don't panick. Plus, if you're changing because your work has started to become like a speech, that's even less of a worry.

jaihson

HSC
Hey, just thought I'd let you know that I changed my medium this morning. I moved from a speech to a critical study as I felt my topic was being held back by the medium. Now I feel a bit behind, but in the long run I hope I'll end up with a stronger work, rather than persisting with a medium i knew my topic no longer suited.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jaihson said:
Hey, just thought I'd let you know that I changed my medium this morning. I moved from a speech to a critical study as I felt my topic was being held back by the medium. Now I feel a bit behind, but in the long run I hope I'll end up with a stronger work, rather than persisting with a medium i knew my topic no longer suited.
Is that allowed? My teacher told me she had already notified the Board of what options we were undertaking some time ago....

jaihson

HSC
the medium choice doesnt close til later this month or something

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jaihson said:
the medium choice doesnt close til later this month or something
Ah, ok. Good luck with it then.

J

jhakka

I don't see a problem with it (apart from the obvious reworking of ideas, etc) so long as its not a switch to something almost completely opposite (ie: Short Story to Multimedia, or Critical Response to Video). At least then you don't have to work out the medium all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)