Changing to a double degree (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
Hey guys, i'm in my 2nd year studying a bachelor of business and was thinking of making it into a double degree and doing a bachelor of business and bachelor of science in information technology. From what I heard, I would have to apply for the bachelor of business and bachelor of science in information technology through UAC and once I get it, apply for a recognition of prior learning so that I can begin in my 3rd year and not have to start from year 1 again, is this correct? Or do I just do it through my uni? i go to UTS btw if that makes a difference

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking at the eligibility criteria for course transfer that is specified on the UTS website, it seems that none of the criteria is applicable to your particular case. The closest criterion is if you are a student studying a double degree and wish to transfer into a single degree (for instance, one of the degrees that constitute the double degree program). UTS also states that you need to apply through UAC if you don't meet any of the criteria listed, which is consistent with the information that you were given. Based on this, you will likely need to apply for the Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business through UAC and then apply for recognition of prior learning.

Of course, contacting UTS directly would allow you to confirm this as they are the ones who can provide you with the most relevant and accurate advice. :uts:

I hope this helps! :D

mmmm.

HSC
Looking at the eligibility criteria for course transfer that is specified on the UTS website, it seems that none of the criteria is applicable to your particular case. The closest criterion is if you are a student studying a double degree and wish to transfer into a single degree (for instance, one of the degrees that constitute the double degree program). UTS also states that you need to apply through UAC if you don't meet any of the criteria listed, which is consistent with the information that you were given. Based on this, you will likely need to apply for the Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Business through UAC and then apply for recognition of prior learning.

Of course, contacting UTS directly would allow you to confirm this as they are the ones who can provide you with the most relevant and accurate advice. :uts:

I hope this helps! :D
Thankyou

chw

HSC
N/A
2nd this - you must apply via UAC for the C10219 BIT BBus (yep, the name is now Bachelor of IT; and the scholarship version is called BIT(Co-op))
You will get 'auto-credited' for identical subjects completed in the BBus, no need to apply unless you have options or electives completed (unlikely in year 1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)