Check your assessment ranks (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC assessment ranks

HSC assessment ranks are available from 3pm on Thursday 8 November 2012.

Access them on Students Online: http://studentsonline.bos.nsw.edu.au/

The idea of this is to check your ranks and make sure there are no mistakes. Given the importance of ranks in calculating your final marks it is highly advised you take the time to check your ranks. Clerical errors do happen.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/yourhsc/assessment-rank-order-notice.html said:
What is my Assessment Rank Order notice?
After all HSC examinations have been completed, Students Online will provide you with your assessment rank order within each of your courses at your school. Your rank order is calculated from your assessment results in each of the courses you studied.

What can I do if I think there is a mistake relating to my rank order?
If you feel that your rank in any course is incorrect, you should contact your school as soon as possible. If necessary, you can apply to your school principal for a review. There is no provision for a review of the actual marks awarded for assessment tasks. Further details about reviews and appeals are on the assessment appeal form which can be obtained from your school.

What is an Assessment Rank Appeal to the Board?
If you are dissatisfied with the result of your school review of your course assessment rankings you can appeal to the Board against the decision. The Board then decides if the correct weightings were used, whether the school followed its own assessment program and that there were no clerical errors. If the appeal is upheld, the Board refers the matter back to the school for further review.

Last edited:

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Re: HSC assessment ranks

Most of the time, are the ranks correct?

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Re: HSC assessment ranks

I received my ranks, and I am pretty okay with them. However, my cohort is very small, so my classes are even smaller. Does that make a difference at all? (For instance, I am 7/10 in Modern History, but my marks are low 80's.) ANd I also have a History Ext class of 3 (I am first, but with high marks)

Spoken12

HSC
In three subjects I share a rank (i.e. equal 3rd) with someone yet on my ranks it doesn't have "equal" just the number. Is that normal?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Oh shit, my ranks are better than i thought they were. Thank god i tried in the first half of the year!

thanks btw for telling us

HSC
Uni Grad
I was shocked by my ranks, especially for Drama which I thought I was dead set last (I beat a couple of people which was a big shock because everyone except for me are heaps good at Drama).

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
My ranks made me cry, but I already knew them anyway. I should've tried harder. BYE BYE 98 ATAR PREDICTION :'(

EDIT

I also had a look over my SC marks, lmfao they are making me laugh so hard.

Last edited:

JohnCoffey

HSC
Majority of my ranks do not match what my teachers told me after trials, same goes for the final ranks on my report?
In half my subjects the rank has improved 1 or 2 places, in others decreased 1 or 2 places? advice guys?

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Lucky I checked. My SoR rank on Students Online is 2 places lower than my actual rank (ranks at my school were released after trials with our reports). Time to appeal!

ismeta

HSC
Mine are all as expected. (Fortunately and unfortunately.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)