Chem. Assesment Task (1 Viewer)

standup

HSC
hey, has anyone done this assignment.

1. Discuss the importance of predicting yeild in the identification, mining and extraction of commercial ore deposits

2. Justify the increased recycling of metals in our society and accross the world

3. Analyse information to compare the cost and energy expenditure involved in the extraction of aluminium from its ore and the recycling of aluminium.

If anyone has this assesment, could you send me some notes or resources on it. that wud be siik

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
2. We only have so much ore in the Earth's crust that is easily accessible and recycling means that this will not run out so quickly. Also some extraction methods require toxic chemicals as catalysts or as products and this has a detrimental effect on the environment.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by standup

1. Discuss the importance of predicting yeild in the identification, mining and extraction of commercial ore deposits

2. Justify the increased recycling of metals in our society and accross the world

3. Analyse information to compare the cost and energy expenditure involved in the extraction of aluminium from its ore and the recycling of aluminium.

If anyone has this assesment, could you send me some notes or resources on it. that wud be siik
2. recycling as resources are unrenweable, and it is quicker and involves less wastage to recycle

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
Thats an easy assignment.
aren't they just the syllabus dot points for 8.3.5???
i think i did those in class time, coz the teacher was away and we had summarise all the syllabus dot points for h/w.
all the answers are in chemistry contexts.... :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
You want to keep product expenditure at a minimum to increase profit and make the money worth while in buying raw materails and maintaining industrial processes. It would be pretty pointless in buying expensive iron ores when you can only extract 1% from its deposit.

rumour

HSC

Not sure about the first 2, but I'm sure we got the last one!
I would give it to you, but I don't do it :p!!!!!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
1. Is a simple chemical analysis method which you will need to include some chemical formulas in with mole ratios in order to get good marks.

2. This is an ethical issue and also an additional production method. Work out some examples of what is recycled to produce a new product, Iron would be good for this. Ensure that your chemical formula in this section is not environmentally unfriendly or this would be justifying the inverse effect.

3. This is a sum up of both of the first questions so ensure you have done them both wisely. Remember in Chemistry, chemical amount is always measured in moles, you'd be suprised how many people use weights or volumes.

Hope it helps. :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ yeah they ae just dot points. we were given then as homework awhile ago. like they said do those 7 dot points at home and we are like okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)