Chem Band cut-offs (1 Viewer)

jonow7

Does anyone have any predictions on what the cut-off marks will be or have previously been. I know its impossible to actually know but some people may have a general idea based on past students etc. Also what does the alligned mark even get used for? Say someone got 85/100 raw mark, and it got alligned to a 90 Band 6, (does this happen or is it based on raw mark?) does the 90 get counted for UAI and then scaled, or do they just average the asessment and raw marks to get your HSC mark. Confusing i know sorry. Long story short in a way, what is the alligned mark used for??? Cheers.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Hey Jonow, nice to see u join the bored community (hehe, bored....that makes me laugh every time)

anyway, back on track...

to answer ur first question on estimates....u may want to have a read through this thread... (to save u some time, its predicted that the band 6 cutoff will be around the low 80's range... remeber this is just a prediction)

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=91544

now for ur second question

when u recieve ur results from the board of studies, whether it be via sms, phone or interent, or even by mail, those results are ur aligned results, u never get to see ur RAW marks (unless ur application under the FOI act is successful, but u dont have to worry about this)

so, the aligned mark is the exam mark u recieve from BOS!

now, ur internal mark undergoes a process know as "moderation" where ur internal mark is "moderated".... the average of this mark and ur "aligned HSC exam mark become ur FINAL HSC MARK for each particular course.

for example:
moderated assessment mark - aligned HSC exam mark - Final HSC mark

...................... 86........................................84................................85...........

when ur UAI is calculated, UAC uses ur RAW marks (the marks that u never get to see), and not ur aligned marks (the marks sent to u by mail).

jonow7

OK cool thankyou. So what is the alligned mark used for? does it have a purpose other than to say what band u got? Since the raw mark is used for the UAI? Ps. chemistry sucks.

miss thai1

What if you get 95 RAW? do i got 105 or something?
who came 1st last year? do you get any money if you do? because
coming 1st in 4u math you apparently get $500 from the math association...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)