chem bridging course at usyd (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
So for my course at Usyd next year (B sci / b adv studies med sci ) HSC chemistry is assumed knowledge for a lot of my units and students are 'strongly advised' to take the bridging course before the semester starts to get caught up to speed with everyone else.

But I was wondering if it would be possible to self-study chemistry by reading HSC/Prelim textbooks (right now I'm not really sure where I can find any), watching some videos or even just reading the bridging course notes online for usyd. Or if it would be best to attend the course; I'm only asking since I don't want to potentially waste money/time if this specific bridging course is subpar or something.

I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
So for my course at Usyd next year (B sci / b adv studies med sci ) HSC chemistry is assumed knowledge for a lot of my units and students are 'strongly advised' to take the bridging course before the semester starts to get caught up to speed with everyone else.

But I was wondering if it would be possible to self-study chemistry by reading HSC/Prelim textbooks (right now I'm not really sure where I can find any), watching some videos or even just reading the bridging course notes online for usyd. Or if it would be best to attend the course; I'm only asking since I don't want to potentially waste money/time if this specific bridging course is subpar or something.

I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you :)
Yeah of course you can self learn it.
If you can pick up a textbook and just learn by yourself then that’s a great thing and I wouldn’t waste time with the bridging course. If you’ve done this before certainly you shouldn’t do the bridging course.

If however you can’t really just learn from a textbook like that I would encourage you to do the bridging course. Perhaps try learning some of it and see how you go before you decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)