Chem1011 (1 Viewer)

Existentialism

HSC
N/A
I'm about to start CHEM1011 this Semester for Medical Science.

I know I will be at a disadvantage, as I didn't do Chemistry at school.

Does anyone here have any tips for me / has gone through something like this?

Thanks to anyone that helps.

micuzzo

HSC
i dont do the subject but i think it would be good to understand the mole concept as well as calculations.

Tim035

HSC
It's still possible to do well, but there will be a lot of people cruising through it as they did HSC chem, whilst you will need to really need to study hard to stay on top of it all. CHEM1011 basically does the entire HSC course in 6 weeks and then you do some thermo-chem and organic chem.

budi tan

HSC
I'm about to start CHEM1011 this Semester for Medical Science.

I know I will be at a disadvantage, as I didn't do Chemistry at school.

Does anyone here have any tips for me / has gone through something like this?

Thanks to anyone that helps.
get someone who took chem bridging course to lend you the handbook. the handbook consists of notes, examples, lots and lots of variation of questions (typical ones as well) and some lab pracs. it is so much easier to comprehend than the prescribed chem textbook (my opinion) and pretty straight forward in terms of what they expect you to know. i took the bridging course and personally think the handbook (and the course itself) is very handy.

nottellingu

HSC
get someone who took chem bridging course to lend you the handbook. the handbook consists of notes, examples, lots and lots of variation of questions (typical ones as well) and some lab pracs. it is so much easier to comprehend than the prescribed chem textbook (my opinion) and pretty straight forward in terms of what they expect you to know. i took the bridging course and personally think the handbook (and the course itself) is very handy.
I did the bridging course and i thought it was okay.
The course manual for chem 1011 contains most of the bridging course lecture notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)