Cicada Poem (1 Viewer)

Princess

HSC
was it just me or did that cicada poem really really suck? It changed from "your" to "our"....... and i agree with the feature article being dodgy..we even did one or two in class but every teacher had different rules for it like "never use I" and "talk in the first person"

enzi`

OMG! the poem totally sucked! ans the question on it was even worse!!!

maybe i'm just a dumbass, but how is the cicada's metamorphosis a "change in the natural word"???

:chainsaw:

peter_g43

I had no idea about it! Thank goodness there was only one question on it. It didn't rhyme or there wasn't anyother obvious techniques used and since I didn't understand the poem really, it made the question very difficult

EXA BOY

how about sensory and visual imagery??? that was there dude and like u said it was only one question so those 2 techniques were sufficient!

ExSuPeRgOaLiE

The only good thing about the poem, was the reference to the IBIS!!!!

As a Sydney High Girl... well ... if u went to our school u'd get the joke

big_arvo

Was the cicada's poem reflecting humanity's way of change..?? i said the reference to a 'cicada' was an extentened metaphor/symbolism reflecting human's way of change....
am i wrong?

roblop

HSC
Natural Change

The cicadas did show a change in the natural world. The change from one form to another.

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
I actually think the cicado poem was nice, it just sucked to talk about in the exam, the change in the natural form was the change as someone said from one form to another, and the stuff i talked about was how haha, this may seem simple but like, it didn't have wings, then it did, and like how movement was conveyed through the language, at first it seemed so still, just a birds prey, then later it got it's own wings, and raa raa raa, i think the word bullshit somes my answer up
:confused:

gonzalina

i liked the cicada poem.

i used it for the last question in that section too.

there was some great imagery, environmental and physical change. plus the juxtoposition of the different environments the cicada existed in, and in it's freedom.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by gonzalina
there was some great imagery, environmental and physical change. plus the juxtoposition of the different environments the cicada existed in, and in it's freedom.
I like that response
similar to mine, i thought of the cicada as a personnification of the natural environment in general

Originally posted by big_arvo
Was the cicada's poem reflecting humanity's way of change..?? i said the reference to a 'cicada' was an extentened metaphor/symbolism reflecting human's way of change....
am i wrong?
No you're not wrong. The beauty of english is that each text is open to personal interprettation, and if you had sufficient reasoning for your claim, i'm sure you did fine. Don't even worry about it! :)

thestu

I thought that whole paper was fucked. I really screwed section II, but as a whole I think I'll be OK.

NATMAN

Originally posted by Princess
was it just me or did that cicada poem really really suck? It changed from "your" to "our"....... and i agree with the feature article being dodgy..we even did one or two in class but every teacher had different rules for it like "never use I" and "talk in the first person"
Yeah I agree... it sucks! I read it 3 times and got different intepretations each time i read it... so i gave up! :( And what was the deal with 4 texts instead of 3!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)