Cityrail travel ticket problem (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Don't quite get how knowing this could save one more money... (sorry for being stupid):)-wouldn't your final destination be the same regardless of which train stop you pass through? And when you buy a ticket to 'city', you can get off from any train station within the city circle line, and the ticket will be the same price regardless of which station on the city circle you get off...
I don't know then what ON means. Then again ON takes a completely different line to me.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't quite get how knowing this could save one more money... (sorry for being stupid):)-wouldn't your final destination be the same regardless of which train stop you pass through? And when you buy a ticket to 'city', you can get off from any train station within the city circle line, and the ticket will be the same price regardless of which station on the city circle you get off...
I dont buy a ticket to the city, but can enable you to get off at any stop in the city.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Close but I can save even more money using an another method to the one you suggested.
In some cases it is cheaper to buy a ticket to a specific station in the city rather than 'City'. i.e to Central or Wynyard rather than 'City'. A ticket to a specific city station can still be used to/from all the city stations.

This happens because the ticketing system adds 3.21km to 'City' tickets compared to travelling to the 'gateway' stations of Central or Wynyard. This extra distance can push fares into the next fare bracket from some stations.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
In some cases it is cheaper to buy a ticket to a specific station in the city rather than 'City'. i.e to Central or Wynyard rather than 'City'. A ticket to a specific city station can still be used to/from all the city stations.

This happens because the ticketing system adds 3.21km to 'City' tickets compared to travelling to the 'gateway' stations of Central or Wynyard. This extra distance can push fares into the next fare bracket from some stations.
I don't even have to buy a ticket to the city, or any another other stop within the CBD.

:haha: :loophole:

D94

HSC
N/A
Nup its legit. It works for everyone (adult/concession). ie. if a transit checked my ticket, I wouldnt get busted.
You'll still get booked and fined if a transit officer catches you. They will ask for your pensioner card and you are screwed.
Clearly you two do not know this method. You don't need to provide a pensioner card when the transit officer requests for your ticket. Likewise, with the Pensioner-MyMulti method, you won't get busted.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

That was my original thought.

I don't even have to buy a ticket to the city, or any another other stop within the CBD.

:haha: :loophole:

I think from your area you can buy a ticket to somewhere else which is a shorter distance than to the city, so it lets you out.

Clearly you two do not know this method. You don't need to provide a pensioner card when the transit officer requests for your ticket. Likewise, with the Pensioner-MyMulti method, you won't get busted.
Last time they asked to check my concession after I showed them my ticket........

D94

HSC
N/A
Last time they asked to check my concession after I showed them my ticket........
Yes, but in my method, you will never need to show concession because they will never ask you for it, despite you using a Pensioner ticket. I'll let you ponder over it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, but in my method, you will never need to show concession because they will never ask you for it, despite you using a Pensioner ticket. I'll let you ponder over it.
:detective: :ninja:

No wonder you included it in your sig.

I've never gotten a mymulti before but when I do I'll inspect the tickets a bit more.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The difference is a my multi can be pre-purchased from a newsagent.
Wait so when you get a mymulti, do the transit officers just let you go without looking at your concession?

EDIT:

I looked on the Sydney transport site. There is no cost labelled nor does a "Pensioner mymulti" exist because its the same as a student concession for mymulti.

http://www.transportnsw.info/sites/en/tickets/multi-travel/index.page#fares

The ticket says adult, but you get it at a pensioner rate?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)