civil enginerring (project engineering and management) (1 Viewer)

indians-die

HSC
N/A
hi!, i want to do the course civil enginerring (project engineering and management) at usyd, but i dont understand is what is the difference between this course and civil engineering(construction managment).

and also,for the course "civil enginerring (project engineering and management)" are there jobs available

and!

the UAI cut off is 87.95, i doupt i will get that, but i reckon i would get 80-83..... i was thinking of just doing civil engineering which has a cut off of 80, but is it possible to change courses after first semmester ??? and if u can wat marks do u need.

also, how much physics is involved?!!!

fush

HSC
haha well, engineering is just applied physics so be warned, but in civil u are generally dealing with things that don't move

From what i hear (Projet Management) involves major project planning, time and cost analysis and so on. There are a lot of presentations and u do a couple of commerce subjects like management accounting.

I recommend Construction Management if you want to work on construction sites and manage projects on site.

The subjects you take do not differ much at all, the main difference is the end result... B Project Engineering Management (Civil) or B Civil Engineering (Construction Management)

and yes u can transfer if u have a credit average (>65) i think

Adam

HSC
1. Not much of a difference, project management gets more into the wanky financial crap. Either way, you can change after you know more about it...

2. Any Civil Engineering job is in more demand then any other job right now, even nursing doesn't compete. You have to be demented not to get a job as a Civil Engineer.

3. You can change if you want, but it only means a bracket in your degree. You can still do the same subjects with a straight civil degree if you want and you can't manage a 65 average (which is easy in first year, very difficult in later years)

4. You don't need to have done physics at all. It is the frame of thought that physics teaches you, not the material, that is handy. And this you will learn in the course of your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)