• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Clash!!! (1 Viewer)

lauren_d

HSC
GREK1301 seems to have a timetable clash with EDST1101... does anyone else have clashes? is it that important, or is the timetable likely to change?

CHIN1006 says there is 6hrs face to face, but only displays a two hr lecture. wtf?

also, INST1100 clashes with KORE1000... and these are kinda MEANT TO BE TOGETHER?!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
When you try to enrol, you'll either be given a "time scheduling error", in which case you'll have to pick one or the other. Or you may be allowed to enrol in both with a "permitted clash." The timetable is fixed and won't change.

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
the timetable will not change. they set it quite a while in advance.

CHIN1006 will have a 2 hr lecture and tutorials, probably 3 hrs, which you will sign up for at the beginning of the semester in class. the other hour is for self study.

INST and KORE? its highly likely that they didnt think anyone would do INST and KORE. if you REALLY want to do both, you'll have to talk to your lecturers and see if you can make a deal

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
You may be able to save two first year subjects for next year if you really really want to do them. Thats if you do 3 classes a semester this year instead of 4.

the others have covered the rest of what i was going to say heh.

lauren_d

HSC
How likely is a permitted clash? because i'd prefer to not have to rethink my subjects, as i really wanna do them!

gman03

HSC
Sometimes a pair of required courses would even justified for a change in the timetable.

E.g. for Elec/Comp Sci student which is about 10 of us, there was a clash with ELEC2015 and COMP2041. Both are Core subject to us, but after I ran between schools for about 5 times they were reluctant to even think about changing the time.

My point is, they are unlikely to change just to suit one student. /end

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Permitted clash means you can enroll and that class is allowed to clash with the other one. You might miss one of the lectures each week, or swap between them, depending what you want to do. You should talk to the lecturers and work out something, and ask if they put their notes online. If not, see if you can get a friend to take notes for you :)

kaitoufion

HSC
When people have 2 lectures that are "permitted clash", sometimes they attend half an hour of each lecture, or one person attends this lecture, while his/her friend attends the other one :)

But if 2 of your lectures clash (the RED colour on myUNSW) with each other, then yeah, basically you will have to change one of your lectures' time or contact the faculty or person in-charge.

phrred

HSC
my lecture clashes with a tute and it says permitted clash, so id hafta miss out all the lectures rite?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
If your tutes are compulsary (which they should be), then yes. You should talk the lecturer about this and work out how you can get notes (they might be online).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)