• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Clubs and Societies? (1 Viewer)

rocafella32

HSC
Been looking around at what Uni i want to go to for 07, and the one thing pissing me off about UTS is the lack of clubs and socieities to join. They got about 50, whereas UNSW and USYD have about 200 each, and i feel stuff like that (plus the excess drinking :p) makes uni life.
So im asking anyone who goes to UTS, if social lifes still live and kicking with club parties and socials , or if a UTS persons night is largely made up of going out after uni into the city with just random freinds and chilling>>?

P.S what types of clubs do they have, and are they really popular or do just a couple of people end up joining

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
My Friday nights were spent at the desk :p

Anyways, it is up to you I guess, how involved you are. I am sure it is not possible to be involved in all 200 clubs/societies and for that matter even 50.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
rocafella32 said:
Been looking around at what Uni i want to go to for 07, and the one thing pissing me off about UTS is the lack of clubs and socieities to join. They got about 50, whereas UNSW and USYD have about 200 each, and i feel stuff like that (plus the excess drinking :p) makes uni life.
So im asking anyone who goes to UTS, if social lifes still live and kicking with club parties and socials , or if a UTS persons night is largely made up of going out after uni into the city with just random freinds and chilling>>?

P.S what types of clubs do they have, and are they really popular or do just a couple of people end up joining
You'll find that even at UNSW and USYD, most people only end up investing time in maybe one or two clubs/societies, if they even bother going to them at all. Which to be honest doesn't surprise me all that much - you already spend a fair few hours at uni studying, then there is stuff to do with your friends, maybe work as well and rest at home ... you have to be fairly interested to then work your schedule around the club events too.

rocafella32

HSC
yeah i was thinking about it and ill prob only end up joining the indian cultural clubs (think uts has got bharat or something)...but i was also hoping their would be like a society for business or science students where you would get to go on cruises and stuff, but as you said i guess i can make my own fun

Hows the sporting clubs?...does uts have grade cricket and league teams?

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
um. They have kickboxing classes for dead cheap prices. =P

That is about enough for me, lol.

I believe the Law society is full of activities.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
dark`secrets said:
i joined back in first year, but i never turned up to any of the events lol
Thats what I did with CompSoc =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)