• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Clutch problems (1 Viewer)

danpayne

HSC
Any car nuts out there, i have clutch problems. when im driving, sometimes taking off a littel quick, the clutch decides to engage itself and all of a sudden, all my gears are nuetral... fun.
So its a hydraulic clutch, so it dosnt have a clutch cable, it only does it when i give it a bit of juice. seems to come bakc online after stoppoing and rolling for a bit..

Anyone have any ideas? do i just need to adjust it?

walkahz

HSC
Might not be the clutch. The way you describe it, it sounds like it is jumping out of gear. Could be a) You dont quite put it in gear properly or b) your gearbox has a problem.
take it to a mechanic.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
if it was slipping out of gear, you'd expect to hear a clunking sound below the car. Its possible that the clutch is actually slipping, like its worn out and the extra pressure on it due to the acceleration is causing it to slip, you can get it adjusted, but it won't work much better, or you are looking at 500-1000 dollar clutch replacement.

danpayne

HSC
Yeah, it dosnt feel like its jumping out of gear, more like its slippng... the thing that i dont get is that it comes back online so quickly... and it only does it when i put the put it... of course i could just stop putting the boot in, but where is the fun in that :)

oh and also, the clutch is only 2 years old, shouldnt have any problems yet...

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Yeah that is pretty young.
it gets worn down a lot if you ride the clutch, if you leave your foot on the clutch, when you are doing burnouts, if you hold you car on a hill using the clutch. If you do any of them regularly its possible to wear it out quickly.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
danpayne said:
Yeah, it dosnt feel like its jumping out of gear, more like its slippng... the thing that i dont get is that it comes back online so quickly... and it only does it when i put the put it... of course i could just stop putting the boot in, but where is the fun in that :)

oh and also, the clutch is only 2 years old, shouldnt have any problems yet...
Yeh, that's generally what a slipping clutch does, slip. And it'll have problems in a week if you drive like a tard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)