• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cold war---policies (1 Viewer)

araz

HSC
Does anyone have any idea what to write about if they ask something on Gorbachev and reagen's policies??

I mean its easy if you can talk about both in ur essay but like when the qn is so specific like - how significant were US President Reagan's policies in ending the Cold War?...whats the game plan?? how do u do that?

Can you like say something like..."Although Reagan's policies did significantly contribute to the ending of the Cold War, the policies of Mikhail Gorbachev also helped in advancing the conclusion to tensions between the superpowers." in the intro and like talk about them both??

Any help would be great..thank you!!

HSC
If you were to answer a question like "How significant were Reagan's policies in ending the Cold War", you do need to consider other factors that may have contributed to the end of the war so that you can assess how much impact Reagan had.

If I had got that question in the HSC, I would have made an argument like "Reagan's policies helped ending the cold war, but a number of other factors also contributed". That way you broaden the number of points that you can bring up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)