Combined Degree *confused* (1 Viewer)

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Hi everyone! They offered me Advanced Science and I'm very very very confused with it now.. I talked to people about combined degree @ UNSW during Expo.. and they told me (as the UAC guide did) that I do it during enrollment.. but but.. does anyone know about the nature of a combined degree?

1. does it affect my effctiveness of study extensively so that I do wrose in both degree?

2. do we get recognised as doing 2 separate degrees or 1 combined degree?

3. what are its comparative advantages over doing just 1 degree?

4. would employers prefer those who focus on 1 degree or those who do combined degree?

:( *confused*

Any help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

sunny

meh.
HSC
1. does it affect my effctiveness of study extensively so that I do wrose in both degree?
Probably not, other than the varied field of study (which might distract you), you can expect the workload to be approximately the same as a single degree - thats why combined degrees are longer. You might be doing more subjects sometimes.

2. do we get recognised as doing 2 separate degrees or 1 combined degree?
You get one piece of paper recognising you for two degrees - otherwise you can differentiate people that have done two degrees separately. The combined degree itself is a course. I know this is true for CSE.

3. what are its comparative advantages over doing just 1 degree?
You have a degree for two fields.

4. would employers prefer those who focus on 1 degree or those who do combined degree?
It depends, does the second degree give you any advantages in the job you're applying for? If it doesn't, chances are they're not going to care.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
...It depends, does the second degree give you any advantages in the job you're applying for? If it doesn't, chances are they're not going to care.
na it doesn't matter if its related or not- employers will still look at it- for eg. a person who does commerce/engineering- they are not realated but are more employable bcoz of their commerce degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)