Comm/law and Eco/Law (1 Viewer)

H

head

Are the subjects for Comm/Law and Eco/Law the same in the first year?

Can somebody doing either degree please post their subjects because I enrolled today and am unsure whether I have enrolled in the right subjects?

guesswho

HSC
The subjects are the same for first yr econ/com law students..(because both the econ/com and law subjects are compulsory)

if u'r a first yr student, then u should have enrolled in 'Foundations of Law' and 3 eco/com subjects----which are Accounting 1A, Intro Microcecon, and either 'Bus & Eco statistics' or 'Bus Info Systems Foundations'

In 2nd semester, u should have 'Torts' and 'Leg Research' and 3 other compulsory eco/com subjects---- which are Acounting 1B, Into Macroecon, and either 'Bus & Eco statistics' or 'Bus Info Systems Foundations'.

so yeh,,, I think that's right..

Last edited:
H

head

So, does that mean I have to do Bus and eco statistics A and then Bus and eco statistics B?

Or do i have to do both Bus and eco statistics and Bus info systems in the first year?

guesswho

HSC
head said:
So, does that mean I have to do Bus and eco statistics A and then Bus and eco statistics B?

Or do i have to do both Bus and eco statistics and Bus info systems in the first year?
The latter is correct. 'Bus n Eco Stat A' and 'Bus Info Sys' are compulsory subjects so it's best to do them in first yr because they might be prerequisites for your future subjects.

Note that 'Bus n Eco Stat B' is NOT a compulsory junior subject. It will only be compulsory if u choose to major in a certain area (check in handbk for which areas). But having said that, I think you can still choose to do 'Bus n Econ Stat B' to make up the total of 96 cp of commerce subjects u must complete if u have fulfilled the other requirements of u're major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)