commerce undergrad (1 Viewer)

nolimits

HSC
N/A
hey there,
I am looking to do a b.commerce degree next and hoping to major in finance and quantitative business analysis (renamed to business analytics).
I have a question regarding the electives in majors.
If i only do the minimum requirement of electives for both majors, there will be space remaining.
What do i do in these spaces; more electives / other subjects from other faculities / same faculty ? Need help regarding this.
THANK YOU!

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
"To be awarded the Bachelor of Commerce, students complete units of study with a total value of 144 credit points, comprising:

seven core units of study (36 credit points), comprising six junior units of study, including a zero credit point unit, (30 credit points) and one senior (capstone) unit of study (six credit points)
a compulsory major selected from the 'Commerce subject areas'
either an optional second major and/or elective units of study selected from any of the Commerce subject areas or from any other faculty of the University of Sydney (subject to approval of the faculty offering the unit and degree requirements)
a maximum of 60 credit points in junior (1000 level) units of study
a minimum of 96 credit points in units of study from the Business School and School of Economics (a maximum of 48 credit points in units from any other faculty)." - http://sydney.edu.au/business/course/BCom#degree_requirements

Note the last part of this. This means that with your remaining 36 CP , you can choose any subject basically.

nolimits

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I understand now!
What do you recommend doing with the remaining credit points?

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
You should do what interest you in other faculties (or the same) to broaden your understanding and knowledge (i.e you can choose subs which help in real life)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)