• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Committments other than academic? (1 Viewer)

Kmahal1990

HSC
I was wondering what everyone else is carrying in terms of committments other than doing well at school. I play grade sports for my school, Rugby Union for Winter and Basketball for Summer. This takes up about 6 hours of training on weekdays and just about the whole of saturday (helping out the canteen and what not). I do debating which is about a one hour session a week, with friday nights allocated for competition. Amidst this i spend about 12 hours a week playing computer games. I regard this as a committment because i am apart of an online gaming community, and which on weekends requires my presence.

Last edited:
HSC
I don't have much of a non-academic life. I play grade sport basketball for my school every term and tennis whenever i have time just to keep fit. Other than that, i just read. Can't believe how time suddenly became so scarce these days.. *shrugs*

vizman

HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
I don't have much of a non-academic life. I play grade sport basketball for my school every term and tennis whenever i have time just to keep fit. Other than that, i just read. Can't believe how time suddenly became so scarce these days.. *shrugs*
lol pretty much the same here, also i do peer support for school

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Do as much as you can. Not because it will be a "learning experience" (hell, it might...) but because it is good to have on your resume. You'll go through interviews sometime in the next couple of years where such things will be great to talk about; peer support, playing in a team, etc.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Umm time management?

You should of seen me at the beginning of the year managing all of that and work.

I quit work last week, im going to quit mock trial this term and im going to quit school magazine and cadets this year because its going to affect my grades soon.

HSC
Wooz said:
Umm time management?

You should of seen me at the beginning of the year managing all of that and work.

I quit work last week, im going to quit mock trial this term and im going to quit school magazine and cadets this year because its going to affect my grades soon.
as i suspected

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
My grades died towards the end of last year. I had the School Certificate along with English debating, History debating, music lessons, music exams, a (ex)boyfriend and a part time job. So my advice is, unless you have superb time management skills, don't have any of these other commitments of you're really serious about doing well in assessments, and ultimately the HSC.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
studying, playing guitar, getting tennis coached, tennis coaching little kids, tennis competitions on saturdays, peer support at school, st vinnies kid's camps, st vinnie's night patrols, public speaking courses, touch footy, and some computer games if im totally bored + msn + reading.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
yoakim said:
studying, playing guitar, getting tennis coached, tennis coaching little kids, tennis competitions on saturdays, peer support at school, st vinnies kid's camps, st vinnie's night patrols, public speaking courses, touch footy, and some computer games if im totally bored + msn + reading.
Damn that's a lot. I need your kind of time management, because mine is atrocious.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Damn that's a lot. I need your kind of time management, because mine is atrocious.
hahaha i just somehow manage to shove it all in, some of them are just in holidays though..
oh yeah i forgot to include youthgroups and church band rehersals all on sundays. And i gotta get my hours up in my L's! 10 more hours until my P's in July holidays :D

HSC
yoakim said:
lol. one day, you take a lesson.. then the next day, you start teaching it to little kiddies for much more expensive. :rofl:

sleepplease

HSC
umm i do: tennis, french speaking thinymo wkly, school council, hockey (field), cello lessons, orchestras, schhol shout group, charities committee, oaktree volunteer, blue dragon (ngo), model united nations, animal welfare, stir, roller hockey.. umm cant remember the rest (neeeeed sleep :sleep: ) but yeah

HSC
I play and umpire netball on saturdays (all day), and play soccer on sundays, as well as for school sport, i babysit 3 afternoons a week and then there's always the internet and msn to distract me from doing homework. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)