Communication (1 Viewer)

joey_1234

HSC
Thread for communication..
How did everyone go? i found the questions to be a little obscure and not really at all what i was expecting.

lolly_161

i know exactly how u feel. me and my little class (three of us)... went over old hsc exams. and communication was such a shock!
the only thing i thought was predictable was the technology question..where u could write about cataracts and stuff...
and i feel so terrible....we never did that pitch n frequency shit....coz our school is so tiny and we couldnt do the prac properly...ah well...there goes 6 makrs :(

anyways....communication was pretty crap....by far my worse section...

and i agree questions WERE obscure...lol

LaUrEn
xoxoxo

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
yup the pitch/frequency thingy was kinda wierd, I would have expected something on accomodation or myopia/hyperopia but OH WELL its done now :D

sgt

i thought the pitch/ frequency part was extremely easy....maybe thats cuz i do physics.
ugh the first 1 mark question in this and the one on opsins.....hard.
the rest, fine.
7 mark question - 4.5 pgs.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sgt said:
i thought the pitch/ frequency part was extremely easy....maybe thats cuz i do physics.
ugh the first 1 mark question in this and the one on opsins.....hard.
the rest, fine.
7 mark question - 4.5 pgs.
same for me..i thought the frequency/pitch and the technology questions were easy..and the opsins one and the brain one sucked..grr..hadn't read that far yet lol..

i only wrote 1.5pgs for the seven mark question..i guess i could've written more..but i couldn't be bothered and i'd answered the question..

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i liked this section!

thankgod they ddint ask about sound shadow and depth perception!!!

i probably lost most of my marks in the last part (colour occurance and vision in animals beside shumans) coz i skipped it when revising :p just bsed about birds and baboons from memory, lol

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i found the comm section really easy. that freq/pitch/wave Q was pretty simple.. my problem was remembering the friggen name of that box thingy my class used for the experiment. the one that measures the wavelength, pitch n all that after you speak into it =/ oops. i fully remembered all the parts of the eye and ear + their functions, and not a single Q on it ! eh.. gayness.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
ssaad said:
what was the answer to the brain question?
i put: the cerebrum. the occipital lobe for perception & temporal lobe for sound... no idea if that's right =/

Confuzzled

I think I did pretty good considering our class never did much of this topic in class, we had to do it ourselves.

For the brain question I put cerebrum although I probably got that wrong cuz I didn't specify enough.

We never did the experiment of pitch/frequecy/wavelength...luckily I read someone else's notes who posted it on BOS :D

7 mark question about technologies...I don't know. I wrote about technologies to help people suffering myopia/hyperopia (glasses, surgery) & caratacts (surgery) and also about hearing aids/cochlear implants....Is that right or did I totally stuff the question? :confused:

Opsins...I think I got it wrong cuz I talk about cones and rods.
I am confident though with the stimulus question and colour communcation in animals :uhhuh:

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
after the exam, half our class went outside our hall and only one of us remembered the name of the CRO (i know the name now... great help ) so i called it something like "the sound machine with waves on it" during the exam (how shame!). When we were doing that prac in class the machine broke so it was a bit of a bummer getting that q in the exam.

It would have been good if there was more to do with ears, i could tell you anything about them..

overall, the option q was pretty good. the whole bio paper was good. glad its all over.

mz_200sx

Annegelic said:
i found the comm section really easy. that freq/pitch/wave Q was pretty simple.. my problem was remembering the friggen name of that box thingy my class used for the experiment. the one that measures the wavelength, pitch n all that after you speak into it =/ oops. i fully remembered all the parts of the eye and ear + their functions, and not a single Q on it ! eh.. gayness.
I KNOW.............piss me off hard............fll membered all that stuff and not 1 questions! pisstation!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Lauren - our school is small too (5 students in our class) but we still managed to do it, sorry to hear you couldn't.

The first 1 mark question l guessed and probably got wrong, a) ii) l just guessed (possibly right) b) was pretty good, c) was fine, d) no real scientific language used but l think l got the main idea across.

RobDavey

Fine

I thought the communication section was great. A lot i thought i could have answered with general knowledge... well some anyway! like the last question on how animals use colour in the environment? Easy. Good ole biol!

abba86amy

adagio ~ the slow one...
HSC
Annegelic said:
i put: the cerebrum. the occipital lobe for perception & temporal lobe for sound... no idea if that's right =/
ooohh, darn. I put visual cortex (light) & aural cortex (sound) cos i couldnt think of those parts of the brain. lol

anywho, i hope i still get someth for it >___<
They are right, right??! (answers above)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I was 100% off track on that question (above)

I almost swore out loud when l read it during reading time. I remember seeing it in a hsc exam in the past so l didn't bother studying it because l thought they wouldn't put it in again (stupid me)

I put cerebellum. Thats it cerebellum. I don't think l'd get a mark :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)