Confusion on HSC Exam English Advanced Paper 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

bam91

HSC
Hi Guys i hope you can help me out, im studying at the moment for the hsc trials and i've been looking through last years HSC papers for english advanced Paper 1 & 2..

Could someone please correct me if i am wrong or let me know that i am right since kids at my school are confusing me lol

In Section 3 of Paper 1.
- the long response section do we choose only one question from 3 - 5 , someone recently told me we have to do all 3 long responses is this true??

- also it asks to relate to a quote by using your prescribed text and 2 related texts - (this is probably an easy question) does that mean its referring to a prescribed text like e.g. the crucible??

**thats all my questions for now lol sorry if I seem silly im just a little confused i hope someone can help me out :wave:**

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
There will only be ONE question.

The only reason there were 3 to choose from in the 2008 paper is that the Area of Study (Journeys) used to be split into 3 sub-areas (Physical, Imaginative and Inner).

The new Area of Study (Belonging) is NOT split into 3 areas, so there won't be more than 1 question to choose from.

The "prescribed text" is the text set by your teacher/school - so yes, The Crucible. The list of possible "prescribed texts" is on pg 11 of the English syllabus: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/eng_stg6_prescrpt_0912.pdf

Hope that clarifies things!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)