• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Conservative muslims take over Somalia (2 Viewers)

charbler

Banned
HSC
Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed has said Islamist insurgents now control most of the country, and have advanced to the edge of Mogadishu.

Mr Yusuf said there was no effective government in Somalia, and that insurgents were now able to carry out attacks in the capital at will.

The president was speaking to Somali parliamentarians in Kenya, a day after talks on forming a new cabinet failed.

Last month, regional grouping Igad set a deadline of 12 November for a deal.

The mandate of the Transitional Government of Somalia (TFG), formed in late 2004, is set to expire in August 2009.

Call for unity

President Yusuf was at his gloomiest on Saturday, addressing Somali MPs in neighbouring Kenya.

He said the Islamist insurgency, which looked as though it had been crushed two years ago following intervention by the Ethiopian army, was now as strong as ever.

Members of the al-Shabab group now controlled most of the country and had advanced to the suburbs of Mogadishu, as well as Baidoa, the home town of the parliament, he said.

"The government controls Mogadishu and Baidoa and people are killed there every day," Mr Yusuf told the meeting in Nairobi.

"Islamists have taken over everywhere else, so if I ask you parliamentarians: do you know the situation we face? Who causes all these problems? We are to blame."

President Yusuf lamented that at this vital time when unity is needed, talks on forming a new transitional government had ended in failure.

He and Prime Minister Nur Hassan Hussein have been unable to agree on the make-up of a new cabinet, missing a deadline issued by the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (Igad) last month.

In the meantime members of al-Shabab, which the US believes to be linked to al-Qaeda, have consolidated their hold on southern Somalia, meting out punishments on the population based on their interpretation of Islamic law.

They whipped 25 women and seven men for holding a traditional dance, which they said was forbidden.

In October, a girl was stoned to death in a crowded stadium in the port city of Kismayo. Aged just 13, she had been convicted of adultery after complaining she had been raped.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7731839.stm

banco55

HSC
Somalia is a worthless shithole as long as they stay in Somalia I couldn't care less.

zstar

HSC
N/A
So much money put into that cesspool.

Africa should just be left to rot and die until they've finally stopped fighting.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
ASNSWR127 said:
lol I would say that is pretty much universal! Islam or otherwise!
Bullshit.

When you show me Hindus and Christians blowing themselves up at the same rate as Muslims, I might consider your claim.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
islam must be eradicated for the survival of humanity
Oh what brilliance! Why not fight decentralised religious extremism with genocide! It's what Hitler would've wanted, after all.

HSC
Trefoil said:
Oh what brilliance! Why not fight decentralised religious extremism with genocide! It's what Hitler would've wanted, after all.
ha ha ha you fucking dumbass, notice how i said islam, and not moslems, must be eradicated? you can eradicate that body of beliefs without killing anyone
ha ha ha
dumbass

ASNSWR127

HSC
Trefoil said:
Bullshit.

When you show me Hindus and Christians blowing themselves up at the same rate as Muslims, I might consider your claim.
chill

I w1as talking about conservatives in fact being radical right wing god loving folk

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
ha ha ha you fucking dumbass, notice how i said islam, and not moslems, must be eradicated? you can eradicate that body of beliefs without killing anyone
ha ha ha
dumbass
And how do you plan to do that, exactly?

It's really no less barbaric, and the fact that you see no problem with such a move is disturbing. It's very similar to what the Communists tried with enforced atheism.

HSC
Trefoil said:
And how do you plan to do that, exactly?

It's really no less barbaric, and the fact that you see no problem with such a move is disturbing. It's very similar to what the Communists tried with enforced atheism.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
xONBROKENWINGSx said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yeah that's what I thought. You neocons always fall apart when it comes to the finer details.

HSC
Trefoil said:
Yeah that's what I thought. You neocons always fall apart when it comes to the finer details.
i just cant be bothered melting your face tonight honey

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
*Points to Christians occasionally using the word martyr to mean that there's an equivalence here and thus, you are a racist*
Mein Führer, I can walk!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'm a Somalian Muslim, and excuse me sir, I find this thread very racist and xenophobic against the kind people of Somalia.

*enlists 10 year old child-soldier*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)