• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Contact hours for Biomedicine (New gen) (1 Viewer)

Cherrylocks

Marie-France
HSC
Hi,
just wondering if anyone give me a ballpark figure on contact hours for
biomedicine?

Thanks in advance :)

Motoko12

HSC
Cherrylocks said:
Hi,
just wondering if anyone give me a ballpark figure on contact hours for
biomedicine?

Thanks in advance :)
This is a bit off topic but I overlooked your signature which had: (Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars program). I remember not long ago two friends and I applied for it and if it is possible, could you give me an insight more to what happens in the program as my knowledge is limited in this area, or possibly suggest a link I can follow for further information?

Cherrylocks

Marie-France
HSC
The young scholar program is open to 5 high achieving nominees from each school, from which at least one must be selected... there were two from my school. Basically, us "kwongers" attend events at melb uni throughout the year; information days, revision lectures, end of year celebrations, etc. Then there are advantages upon enrolment as well: study abroad scholarship ($2,500), guaranteed place in a new gen degree with 95 (I know this is true for biomed, but not sure about other courses), a flattering blue and orange jumper declaring your nerdiness to the world.. and the joy that comes with telling others you are a kwong lee dow young scholar, lol.
This is all predominantly a ploy to lure the cream of the crop to melb uni to maintain a high standard following the inception of the model - a highly effective one i might add. http://www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/school/kwongleedow/
Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)