Context Diagrams and co. (1 Viewer)

Mr_Jinsue

HSC
N/A
So I'm working through some of the documentation for my major work and I need "create a context diagram and a data flow diagram for the entire project".

Now a context diagram is a level 0 DFD and from what I understand it simply has the system in the centre in a circle and then external entities outside of it in rectangles with arrows indicating direction of data flow between them. That's all good; except for a couple of questions:
1 - If data goes both back and forward between an entity, e.g. user, should you have two rectangles on either side of the diagram one with its arrow out of it and one with its arrow into it or just have one arrow pointing both ways?
2 - How would I represent multiple users, e.g. two users connected to the same system? Would they just be [User] and [User]?
3 - For my project I have two core programs that I'm building one is the client end and one is the server end - do these still fall into the one single circle as the one 'system'?
4 - The actual arrows themselves don't need to be labelled do they, as to what the actual data is being passed? Only DFDs do that.

I also required to produce a structure diagram; the different levels within my one structure diagram are essentially going to be the different leveled DFD's correct?

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)