Corporate Attire (1 Viewer)

bobina

HSC
I went out shopping for coporate attire the other day and realised that there aren't as many shops for women as there are for guys for this sort of stuff.
Is it just me? cause i was searching for shirts. has anyone else noticed?
ok heres the places i went:
- Myer
- DJ
- Portmans
- Cue
- JacquiE
- Morrisey
If you think of more can you list them please?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Kmart has some really good (and cheap) basic items (eg, black pants, collared shirts). Also, Silhouette generally has some good collared shirts.
But, yes, to buy an entire matching outfit is hard :(

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
bobina said:
I went out shopping for coporate attire the other day and realised that there aren't as many shops for women as there are for guys for this sort of stuff.
(Haven't got much to contribute to in this thread, admittedly) I remember I once observed that girls' have such an easier time finding casual clothes (it doesn't help that I'm a little picky in what I wear :rolleyes: ) because of the sheer number of shops, and then the sheer amount & variety of stock, compared to the relatively few guys' stores and their one-style-suits-all solution to men's fashion.. Having since tried to find my girlfriend some suits for her work, it IS hard for you girls finding formalish stuff!

From what I've seen, a lot of casualy stuff can go, as long as you dress it up with the right thing. MJ's got some little cotton tops from her old work (Tree of Life), which you'd not expect to work as 'corporate attire', but put together with the $80 skirt from Cue, look just lovely.

Also, Market City in the City has some awesome savings and a decent range for girls' corp attire, it seems...

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ohh, and if you're just after basics (black pants, collared shirts) try Rockmans. I know it is a mum shop, but their "perfect" shirt sits reeeeally well on me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)