Course preferences and degree combinations? (1 Viewer)

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Looks like the dream is coming true and I have good likelihood of being cool enough for sydney law. I just have a couple of quick questions regarding course numbers in UAC and how the process works.

I'm hoping to do combined Economics / Laws in 2016, and as with all the other combined law courses it falls under uac code 511801. Consulting the sydney website (http://sydney.edu.au/law/fstudent/undergrad/combined.shtml), the table states 'CRICOS CODE: 06443B' and 'Course Code: BPECNLAW6000'.

I was just wondering if anyone could clarify how the process works:

So as I understand it, I leave 511801 (generic sydney combined law) as my first preference in UAC and will hopefully be sent an offer in the main round. However, since that doesn't actually specify Economics as the combined degree, that's all sorted out after I accept the law offer with the university? Is there some sort of process within uac or usyd to specify which degree I'm combining law with? I'm just a bit concerned about the specifics of the process and whether I'm meant to be doing something with my uac prefs which I'm currently not.

Would love any advice on the subject.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats on getting into Law.

Those codes are different to the code provided by UAC, so don't worry about that. Regarding the second part, since I didn't go through the process for law I don't know exactly how it works for you guys (I'm sure someone who has done it will answer it soon), but I had to do something similar since the course I wanted to do mechanical engineering and commerce, but there was only a "B Engineering/B Commerce" option for me. So what happened on the day I enrolled was I had to fill out a form where I wrote down which engineering stream I would be doing. I assume it would work somewhat similarly to that for combined law.

engineering

HSC
N/A
You will get on offer for generic combined law. When you accept your offer the enrolment process will ask you what specific combined degree you want to take.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Congrats on getting into Law.
Still need to receive an offer yet haha

Those codes are different to the code provided by UAC, so don't worry about that. Regarding the second part, since I didn't go through the process for law I don't know exactly how it works for you guys (I'm sure someone who has done it will answer it soon), but I had to do something similar since the course I wanted to do mechanical engineering and commerce, but there was only a "B Engineering/B Commerce" option for me. So what happened on the day I enrolled was I had to fill out a form where I wrote down which engineering stream I would be doing. I assume it would work somewhat similarly to that for combined law.
You will get on offer for generic combined law. When you accept your offer the enrolment process will ask you what specific combined degree you want to take.
Cheers, that is great to hear, very helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)