Creative Piece For Genre? (2 Viewers)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i actually liked the crimefiction creative q, it let me write 9 rushed pages in 30 mins :D.... but then half of it was just cordelia whinging hehe

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I think if you related the outrage back to conventions etc. you should be reasonably fine. Maybe you did limit your marks a bit, maybe you didn't, who knows? I say wait until you get your marks back, and hope for the best! (It's what I do... :rolleyes:).

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
i actually liked the crimefiction creative q, it let me write 9 rushed pages in 30 mins :D.... but then half of it was just cordelia whinging hehe
Sounds like everyone who did Cordelia made her a whinging little cow... *puts hand up* I know I did! :D

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
for the creative piece i was humphrey bogart arguing with howard hawkes, the director, because he didnt like the fact that the story made no sense. also he wanted to know why marlowe gets the girl for doing nothing as he didnt solve the case.

then at the end the director says to bogart that he will sort of these problems he then asks him for a drink "ho do u like ur brandy?" bogart replies "in a glass"
this inspires the director to add this line into the movie

then u here the producer say "cut thats a wrap" because this was a behind the scenes outtake

badlysketched

Originally posted by d__o__a
for the creative piece i was humphrey bogart arguing with howard hawkes, the director, because he didnt like the fact that the story made no sense. also he wanted to know why marlowe gets the girl for doing nothing as he didnt solve the case.

then at the end the director says to bogart that he will sort of these problems he then asks him for a drink "how do u like ur brandy?" bogart replies "in a glass"
this inspires the director to add this line into the movie

then u here the producer say "cut thats a wrap" because this was a behind the scenes outtake

i like your idea, its very creative, but i think u did the wrong format. i did too, but mine wasn't a transcript, more a one sided convo... like an angry letter without the formalities. i think that we might lose marks, it sounds to me like a transcript rather than a reflection (now that i've asked around to find out what a reflection is) but we are in the same boat so u aren't alone!!!!

Originally posted by Daemontreu
I think if you related the outrage back to conventions etc. you should be reasonably fine. Maybe you did limit your marks a bit, maybe you didn't, who knows? I say wait until you get your marks back, and hope for the best! (It's what I do... :rolleyes:).
i did sorta relate it back to conventions... but did i do it enough? i was saying how i (birdboot) understood what satire and parody was, but the exageration of the conventions had gone too far and were "destroying the reputation" of his "beautiful Cynthia". I mention how ridiculous the over disguised puckeridge/magnus/inspector hound/albert was and how puckeridge was "only a 3rd string critic" and didn't deserve the part, and to get the girl, he wasn't the hero! i said that cynthia wearing the formal dress with the tennis racket, the tedious script and the shameless overacting of the other actors defamed both himself and cynthia, when really he could "make her or break her with a word". basically i carried the character straight from the text and allowed the arrogance he possessed in the text to make him think he was worth more etc. i really only touched on the conventions, but they are there. at least it was interesting and slightly humerous (well it was to me). i hope i did cover everything... i covered the dot points i think... at least vaguely so i'm heading for a 12-20 i think... dunno... the whole style of writting screwed me up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)