Creative Question (1 Viewer)

Anonyo

HSC
How do markers take profanity in creative stories?

e.g. '... can go fuck himself', if it's only used once, I feel it's the only word that properly conveys the emotions the character feels.

Thanks

mreditor16

HSC
My teacher told me to never include any profanities. Ever! :/

acidsushi

HSC
My teacher said you can do it (to a point) but there is a risk involved. Because there are so many different kinds of people who are marking these stories, you don't know if the person who's marking yours is highly against the use of swearing, or whether they're okay with it. Just proceed with caution, is all :)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Swearing and profanity is usually used to portray someone's emotions, which is good. Just DON'T be excessive, and try to use something else, such as, Fuark, or idk. Just don't use it a lot ok lol!

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
My teacher said you can do it (to a point) but there is a risk involved. Because there are so many different kinds of people who are marking these stories, you don't know if the person who's marking yours is highly against the use of swearing, or whether they're okay with it. Just proceed with caution, is all :)
This. You really should not use that word in your writing.

There must be a substitute for it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
(protip: i used AIDS FUCKERS in my essay. topped the class.)

cbaldilocks

HSC
I used a swear in my extension 2 major work. Every teacher I asked said its ok as long as it is used in a sophisticated way. If you're using it to portray a certain characters voice then its necessary. I think we are old enough now to not be looked down upon for using profanities for emphasis. Its certainly an effective technique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)