• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

critical response - topic needed!! (1 Viewer)

turtle

need suggestions for a topic, novel, genre anything that has worked in the past or could work for a critical response major work!!! i am getting desperate any ideas greatly welcomed!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ummm why dont people ever read the stickies ? theyre thre for a reason... please i suggested you read this from your other thread go have a read of the young writers thread up the top ...

Jinglebell

HSC
i don't mean for this to sound rude, but this is ext 2 english. you can't expect others to come up with ideas for you...and you don't want anything that has worked in the past. originality is the key.

and you need to find your own idea, this is a highly personal course. pretty much everyone here will tell you that it only works if your work is what you want it to be, things start to go wrong when you let other people dictate what you're doing.

you have plenty of time. muck around with what inspires you. read, write, whatever. you can come up with your own idea, and if you can't then maybe you should rethink doing ext 2.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I agree 100% with Jinglebell, Ive only just started and ive trashed an idea I wasnt passionate about because I got sick of it, its got to be something you LOVe and will work on! Somethng for u!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Don't stress because you haven't found a definite thing you want to explore and write about. I had a whole flow-chart in my journal showing how my ideas changed so much. I didn't settle on a definite path until at least May. Preferably, you'll find something earlier, but as Will_Sparky says, as long as you love it are are interested in it, it'll work. Although I had a bit of a love and hate relationship with my major work!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Jinglebell summed up my thoughts exactly.

Here are some things for you to think about which may help you come up with an idea.

What is your favorite book/play/poetry? What theme do you find most interesting in this work? Can you think of other texts with a similar theme?
Is there an issue in society which really interests/distresses/angers you? Is there an issue which you have a passionate belief for/against or curiosity about?
Do you want to do a critical response on texts or on some issue/event/thing in society?
Is there a particular genre of texts that you enjoy?

Think about stuff like this. As jingle said, it's a highly personal thing and you really need to formulate your own original idea. Don't be afraid to post your idea up here and we could then give you help or feedback, but you can't expect us to just hand you an idea without knowing anything about you or your interests!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)