• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cut-offs. (1 Viewer)

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Ok so I want to do Nursing/Midwifery.
If i study it at UTS I can either do it at Kuring-gai or the City.
Thing is im a bit confused as to why the UAI cut-off is higher for the city, than the Kuring-gai cut-off.
Is this because the city provides better education, etc..?
Or is it because of the amount of people that want to study at each campus, and how many they allow?
Or a bit of both?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
trace7988 said:
Ok so I want to do Nursing/Midwifery.
If i study it at UTS I can either do it at Kuring-gai or the City.
Thing is im a bit confused as to why the UAI cut-off is higher for the city, than the Kuring-gai cut-off.
Is this because the city provides better education, etc..?
Or is it because of the amount of people that want to study at each campus, and how many they allow?
Or a bit of both?
The reason the city would have a higher cut-off is simply popularity - more people want to study in that location. If I were to take at guess at why, I'd probably say that it is because the city campus is far easier to get to though that would only be a guess. UAIs aren't indicative of the quality of education, at any uni, they're indicative of popularity among applicants (applicants who generally don't know yet what the education will be like otherwise they would already be there).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Also, as far as I know, there are more nursing places at Kuring-gai than the city campus because that's where the main Nursing faculty is, so that might also explain why the UAI at the city is higher (because there are less places).

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Both Kami and Jase is right.
More number of places avaliable at KG and the city campus is more popular than the KG campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)