Darwin (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Anyone been to Darwin?? Im going during the end of October and was wondering what the weather is like, where did you stay when you went to Darwin..stuff like that.

I thought that hey i could get that cheap airfare to singapore, but when i was trying to find out where id get a visa and came across the gov website and it says that Singapore has a terrorism warning and so that idea has gone out with a bang (hmm shouldnt have put that...)

WHat did you do in Darwin? I dont have time to go to the Alice or anything like that and i dont want to see crocs.

ZabZu

HSC
Ive been to Darwin, went there in Sept 2000. My family and I went to Kakadu national park which is about 2hrs south by car.

As we all probably know from the weather forecasts, its warm/hot all year round. I dont think the temperature got below 24 degrees in the few days i was there. I landed in Darwin at about 8pm and it was completely dark. The heat hit me as soon as i got off the plane, it was like a humid summers night in Sydney.

An important thing to note is the wet/dry seasons which are common in northern regions of Australia. I think October to March is the wet season and April to September is the dry season.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Came back from Darwin couple weeks ago:

The weather was around 34 degrees everyday, getting down to 20s at night - the people I was staying with were freezing when it got down to 20! Although it was dry season, the humidity and heat was a bit difficult to get used to (when I got outside the terminal the heat hit me), after being in freezing cold Adelaide (unfortunatelyt) for a couple of hours, and its about 100% humidity during the wet season (fuck that!). Darwin is spread out, and basically there is not much theret, everything is centred around the airport. The City is where all the government and military buildings are, a few shops, the harbour, backpackers and clubs. There is a big shopping centre out at Casurina which is where everyone basically goes, fuck all go to the City. Not an overly exciting place, but some people enjoy living there so yeh must be something to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)