dave chapelle in mental institution! (1 Viewer)

HSC
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1501693/20050511/index.jhtml?headlines=true

Dave Chappelle, whose sketch-comedy show was suddenly halted last week without explanation, is currently holed up in a mental health facility, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Citing a "source close to the situation," the magazine

said the popular "Chappelle's Show" host checked himself into an unnamed treatment center in South Africa on April 28.

"We don't know where he is," Comedy Central spokesperson Tony Fox told The Associated Press. "We've heard about South Africa. We don't know. We haven't talked to Dave."

Chappelle's spokesperson, Matt Labov, had no comment.

On Thursday, Comedy Central announced it had suspended production on the third season of the show until further notice (see "Production On 'Chappelle's Show' Suspended"), adding that, "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

Since then, rumors have been circulating about the reasons for the delay, ranging from the comedian's hard-partying lifestyle to power struggles with the channel (see " 'Chappelle' DVD Extras To Air As Rumors About Hiatus Swirl"). Comedy Central (which, like MTV, is owned by Viacom) denied the production halt was related to creative differences.

The third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been scheduled to launch May 31.

According to EW, Chappelle, who reportedly signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons, had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the third season, but none of the onstage introductions.

— Corey Moss

What do you think of this story? You Tell Us

E-Mail this story to a friend

Back to Headlines

said the popular

oh noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

funniboi

HSC
for a second there i got confused between david chapelle the comedian and david copperfield the magician.
lol

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
funniboi said:
for a second there i got confused between david chapelle the comedian and david copperfield the magician.
lol
man your signature sucks

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I guess I'm not that surprised...the guy did seem a little weird...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I read that Chappelle's in a rehab clinic in South Africa. I hope he recovers soon. The guy's so damn hilarious.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
yes because the dave chapelle show is oh so entertaining
i sense sarcasm :p

i love dave chappelle hes awesome...esp the skit on the conseqeunces of black people getting their reparations for slavery...and who could forget his R Kelly impersonation (piss on you and piss on you remix) :D:D

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
fuck dave chapelle is funny, i got a whole lot of his shiiit....hes the next eddie murphey (so they sed i namerica end of last yr)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Who gives a crap about this thread, its my 500th post!

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
no its not u fag....its says 498 posts atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)