Dealing with burn out during the HSC (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
in yr 11, I did my HSC for english standard (my school's doing 3 hsc in year 11 and 3 in yr12), I studied around 8 hrs to 12 hrs everyday (including the 10 minutes of rest every hour) during the periods of the HSC exam and burnt out myself. After a period of extreme stress I found myself that I got too tired to think as fast and logical (I couldn't put together my arguments as good as I could during the class and doing practice essay questions), and got a mark of 73 for the HSC (which is pretty bad). I'm just hoping if people can share experiences for achieving a high mark while not burning themselves out to help others who is facing similar situations and to help me cope with my HSC in this year.

beetree1

HSC
I found that starting to study early (as in studying like at least 5 weeks prior to exams) to be more effective than studying more in one day closer to exams as it allowed me to understand and practice stuff more. This made me less stressed as it comes closer to exams as I know that I am slightly more ahead than my peers as of then.

For reference, you can compare my prelim Economics marks (67% I studied for 13 hours on the day before LIKE ACTUALLY STUDIED) but then for Task 3 this year I used this method and got 95 so :)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
For anyone who's facing the same situation, make sure you stay healthy because I screwed up my health pretty badly.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
It helps me a lot to figure out what I need to get done to do well in an exam so that once that is done I don't feel like I've done no study and need to study harder. It's pretty easy to get into a cycle of thinking that you haven't done enough and that you need to more and more but in reality it might not help in the test at all. I think a good way to prevent burnout is to do the stuff that is most useful first to guarantee yourself a good mark and do the extra stuff later, this way if you need a break from studying it won't make you fail an exam.

A way to think about it is you could be 4-5 weeks away from the exams you do general stuff for all subjects but once the exams come up individually, in the days leading up you can cram and really make that specific exam your focus of study.

Even if you do burnout, you will have time to rest after the exams are over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)