• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Defer in 2nd year? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm thinking about going overseas to England with my boyfriend on a working visa for half a year or something...

Do you think it's a better idea to do this after i've completed my degree? Or should I try and squeeze it in at the beginning of 3rd year and just graduate half a year later?

At the moment I'm doing Social Inquiry, but I'm still not sure if I want to do Public Communication or Writing and Contemporary Cultures... If I transfer, i'd have to do another 2 subjects anyway... How and when would I need to do paperwork to transfer anyway?

What do you guys think?
Is it better to defer for semester in the middle of my degree, or to go overseas after I've finished?

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
depends on why you wanna defer or why you wanna travel

i know this guy who's gonna travel before he starts his phD, he's got his degree (bachelors and 1st class honors)

so he wants experience before continuing his major work

some other people may wanna travel before the bachelors bc they aren't sure of what they wanna do. since your in SI -which you have mentioned above and not sure what you want to do, maybe you need to explore who you are, before challenging the way you think?

Is it better to defer for semester in the middle of my degree, or to go overseas after I've finished?
i dunno about that, i thought you were thinking of leaving like after 1 year, but after 2 years? im not sure if you can transfer after 2 years (can you? )

im thinking of changing what im doing after 1st year, so im taking it easy for now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)