Demerit points and insurance (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

If I get 3 demerit points driving a car that is under my dad's name, will insurance price go up? He's with NRMA btw. Also, what happens if he decides to change the owner name to me?
Oh, and I'm on P2.

Thanks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
if you tell your insurance company yeah

and iirc insurance goes up if you aren't a full licence driver or under 25 and some other stuff

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... well any clue on what kind of driving history check they do? But I'm not even the legal owner of this car so am I good? :/

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you said "If I get 3 demerit points driving a car that is under my dad's name"

so the demerit points would go towards your dad's licence unless he disputes it and then it will go to your licence

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh sorry! Spur of the moment typing, didn't think. Well I got pulled over, whacked with a fine and 3 demerit points. So with my license number, those 3 points go to me. But car and insurance is not mine. Therefore, will insurance be affected? Apologies for confusion.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh sorry! Spur of the moment typing, didn't think. Well I got pulled over, whacked with a fine and 3 demerit points. So with my license number, those 3 points go to me. But car and insurance is not mine. Therefore, will insurance be affected? Apologies for confusion.
you get the points and fine but the car/insurance is unaffected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)