Design and Technology 2006 students. (1 Viewer)

jayraad

HSC
Hi guys, im currently in year 12. the MDP is a killer... i dont undertand why i picked this subject. I have completed the first section and my teacher marked it for a HSC assesment task i got an average mark. My question is how did you find the mark of you MDP was it fair, do the markers mark?

Last edited:

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
To succeed in design and tech there is just a few simple things you need to remember (well i think):

*Justify everything you do! There needs to be a reason... don't just do things for the sake of it and always explore other options. And don't forget to justify why you decided to do this as your MDP in the first place!

* Test everything! Use tests to decide things such as materials etc etc... Test the final product/idea... and never skimp on the evaluation!

* Make sure your MDP is innovative in someway. Doesn't have to be major but the judges love innovation! So show how your idea/product is different to all others.

* Your presentation is marked! So make sure your folio is neat and easy to read! Don't forget basic things like page numbers and a contents page!

Some other hints are judges like things that have an environmental and/or social aspect.

These are just a few things i picked up through my MDP... its not all that hard... you just need to put the work into it!

MrMe

lilmissloz

HSC
Yeah, I'm hating the folio too. You have to have sooo much in it, it's riduculous.

mrsouvlaki

HSC
N/A
lmao mr raad...

remember man it is a legal document so talkin about it like that will be a cause for loss of marks..

dw man mine is F*%ked too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)