desperate for help pls (1 Viewer)

kml24

HSC
:confused:

importance of accurate fossil dating

+

when and where did anatomically modern humans evolve? outline fossil, genetic and achaeological evidence</SPAN>

simcon111

HSC
Well, accurate fossil dating is important as you can then make a evolutionally tree unlike if you couldn't predict the fossils accurately. This leads to proof of evolution and allows us to hypothesise whether a fossil is a transitional fossil.

I don't think you need to know where modern humans evolved though.

But evidence that we have a common ancestor arrises from transitional form fossils. Genetics could include DNA hybridisation to show how close we are related to other animals.

P.S This is just off the top of my head, don't quote me

P.S.S just found out this is under the Human story elective, i don't do this elective so really don't quote me on this as i am not sure if i covered the right reasons

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
:confused:

importance of accurate fossil dating
The accuracy of fossil fating is important as an accurate date will eliminate other hominin and hominid species such as correctly dating a a fossil at 1.2mya would put the species at the time of P. robustus to H. erectus and then further evolutionary traits can be examined and allow for more accurate classification. The importance of accuracy is also important as it will either present new information or further confirm other data found.

when and where did anatomically modern humans evolve? outline fossil, genetic and achaeological evidence</SPAN>
This relates to the 'Out of Africa' and Regional Continuity Hypothesis'. Here is what I did for that dot point, not sure if its entirely correct (could someone else please confirm for me, as I was about to post a thread asking about it :D).

Last edited:

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
But evidence that we have a common ancestor arrises from transitional form fossils.
Dont forget embryology, anatomy, fossil record, genetics, molecular biology, ERV's, histology, ecology, development, biogeography and animal behaviour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)