desperate for UAI prediction plz!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

4jess7lov

HSC
hey guys...im soo desperate for a uai prediction so plz fire away. i go to a top 10 school! my ranks are:

eng adv: 12/about 140
eng ext: 1/abt 100
business studies: 1/17
german: 1/8
german ext: 2/7
ancient history: 2/18

please tell me what uai u think i will get :):)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
hey guys...im soo desperate for a uai prediction so plz fire away. i go to a top 10 school! my ranks are:

eng adv: 12/about 120
eng ext: 1/abt 100
business studies: 1/17
german: 1/8
german ext: 2/7
ancient history: 2/18

please tell me what uai u think i will get :):)
99+, easy

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
im after 99.55 do you rkn i could get that?
Well, it's actually quite possible but I am not entirely sure because your mark will really depend on your external (i.e. HSC) since you came first for most subjects. But your chance of 99.55 is quite high.

AnandDNA

HSC
Just study hard for the actual HSC exams and do well and im sure u can get above 99.55 for sure

4jess7lov

HSC
thnx for ur advice champ...wat do u mean since i cam 1st in my subjects it depends on externals...dont externals matter for everyione equally? also is it mostly my performance which scales my scool assesmnet mark or is it the year as a whole?? ive never understood this? thnx

ASNSWR127

HSC
4jess7lov said:
thnx for ur advice champ...wat do u mean since i cam 1st in my subjects it depends on externals...dont externals matter for everyione equally? also is it mostly my performance which scales my scool assesmnet mark or is it the year as a whole?? ive never understood this? thnx
for coming first in English extension your spelling is atrocious : P

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
Well, if you come first in the year for a particular subject, there is no limit to what you can achieve for your internal mark. If you end up coming first in the year for HSC too, it will become your own internal meaning that you can even get 100 for both internal and external.

So strictly speaking, there is nothing that pulls your mark up nor to pull your mark down because you are first. What you basically get is what you get (for both internal and external unless someone at your school beats you in HSC)

Doing poorly in HSC will mean that your internal mark will come from someone else and your external will be poor due to your poor performance. But seeing that your school is highly ranked, even if you get someone's mark, it won't really have an actualy impact. But it's always better to get the top HSC mark and top internal mark too.

4jess7lov

HSC
i thought that if you are ranked 1st u can never lose that ranking mark???

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
i thought that if you are ranked 1st u can never lose that ranking mark???
You don't. But if someone beats you in HSC, that's someone's mark that you get. And in many cases, if you came first, it's your mark that is going to be higher in HSC too.

Say you got 95 in external, and someone got 96 (and 96 is the top HSC mark from your school), you will get 96 as your internal and 95 for your internal. But for someone like you who wants 99.55 would want higher than 95 or 96, right?

4jess7lov

HSC
haha buddy 95% or 96% will do me fine thnx haha. and sry there is 5 ppl doin german ext not 7 my bad :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
haha buddy 95% or 96% will do me fine thnx haha. and sry there is 5 ppl doin german ext not 7 my bad :p
lol, that's just a hypothetical situation that I provided. In reality, it will be different.

You might get like 94 for your internal while you could actually get like 98.

But my whole point is that: try your best in HSC. You pretty much got your basis covered for 99.55 UAI covered. You just have to lift it up more during HSC or score consistenly in HSC as you did at school. Good luck.

4jess7lov

HSC
thnx buddy appreciate it. gd luk to you too. 1 last q...i actually did german continuers last year and got 92%...at the time i thought it was alrite but now its lookin shit especially compared to sum other subjects...is 92 for german good...i kno languages scale well...is that like the same as say getting 95 or 96 in say biology???? cheers

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4jess7lov said:
thnx buddy appreciate it. gd luk to you too. 1 last q...i actually did german continuers last year and got 92%...at the time i thought it was alrite but now its lookin shit especially compared to sum other subjects...is 92 for german good...i kno languages scale well...is that like the same as say getting 95 or 96 in say biology???? cheers
By 92%, you are referring to RAW mark, right? If that's so, there is a great chance that that won't be your ALIGNED MARK. Let me quickly paraphrase what they are:

RAW MARKS = what you actually get on the paper
ALIGNED MARKS = Marks that are "aligned" and they tend to be higher than raw marks (they definitely are in raw marks). These are the marks that you get from your HSC result page.
SCALED MARKS = Marks that are scaled from raw marks. 10 units of them (50 each) are added to produce the TOTAL AGGREGATE which determines your UAI.

If you really got 92% as in raw, the chance is that you will prob get higher as in aligned mark. On top of that, it has been suggested that HSC exams are generally easier than, say trial papers. And you still have a month to go till HSC, the chance is that, you will prob get higher mark.

But if you really got 92 in German Continuers, that's not going to yield high scaled mark unfortunately. It's actually much lower than 96 or 95 in Bio. You prob need about 94 or 95 at least to help you get your desired UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)