• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Desperate need of help for english adv (1 Viewer)

gom121

HSC
Hello, I am in yr11 and currently doing English adv. However on the first assessment I failed my exam, and on the verge of getting kicked down to standard. So I was hoping if anyone had any advice/tips to improve (as quickly as possible). Or any textbooks that could help improve my essay writing overall. Thank you!

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
eng does not have textbooks unfortunately
personally i just mirrored the way i saw some exemplars write and it's worked out quite well. make sure you have cause and effect. read and understand the rubric

EnglishSweat

HSC
Hello, I am in yr11 and currently doing English adv. However on the first assessment I failed my exam, and on the verge of getting kicked down to standard. So I was hoping if anyone had any advice/tips to improve (as quickly as possible). Or any textbooks that could help improve my essay writing overall. Thank you!
I can PM you some more advice but a book i found really helpful was: "How Writing Works" by Roslyn Petelin. Teaches you how to write clearly and being concise.

HSC
eng does not have textbooks unfortunately
personally i just mirrored the way i saw some exemplars write and it's worked out quite well. make sure you have cause and effect. read and understand the rubric
where r the best exemplars found ?

shoulfer

HSC
1719273700742.png

tigerian

HSC
N/A
im a qualified English teacher . I will give you some free help. I’ve sent you some details if you wish . See your pm

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)