desperately need help (1 Viewer)

strawberry

how do i distinguish between:
* full installation
* typical installation
* portable installation
* custom installation

and also do we need to know our option topics???

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by strawberry
how do i distinguish between:
* full installation
* typical installation
* portable installation
* custom installation

and also do we need to know our option topics???
ok well lets begin these are just off the top of my head meanings so they may be a little rough around the edges, nad i htink this has been addressed in another thread so i'll get back to u on that, but anyway these are my makeshift meanings:

Full Installation means you get all the programs that the softeware offers all the accesories etc.. verything that could possible be installaed is.

Typical Installation What they most liekly recommend u install and is what most people want doesn't include everything but it does have most of the stuff in it

Portable Installation ok i have no idea but i'm sure it's in another thread......................

Custom Installation Means you choose what is installed form the program and what isn't

ok well i don't think i answered that properly and i'll have all the other topics for u shortly but i have to fins this other thread where i'm sure this stuff is posted nad u relaly do need help if your asking this stuff now

Winston

HSC
Bah i answered this in another thread

Ok...

Full Install - This installation installs every component that's included in the OS Installation disk, including all the fonts, networking components, games... etc..

Typical - Pre-defined listing of what the Manufacture believes would be a good configuration for standard desktop PC users, the install is customised by them.

Portable- This is where The installation is customised to suit Laptops, primarily based on the power settings, the power settings will be adjusted accordingly if this installation type is selected

Custom - A installation where you choose to install what you desire, based on your needs, this is mainly for advanced users, it's a good method to consume space if you don't want to waste too much space for your OS install.

Ditzy_Ezza

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Bah i answered this in another thread

Ah ha i knew it was in another thread i'm not losing my mind after all :D by the way thanx winston for giving more appropreate meanings then me i htink they would have been lost with mine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)