• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DEVASTATING "Monk" News! (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Bitty Schram who plays Sharona will NOT be returning for the remainder of the 3rd season of the acclaimed comedy series "Monk".

This completely sucks, because the chemistry between Sharona and Adrien became the show's biggest asset! The show dies now, i stop watching.

Heres the story, that has been confirmed -

So another salary issue...

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The hit USA Network series ``Monk'' is losing Bitty Schram, the Golden Globe-nominated sidekick to series star Tony Shalhoub.

Schram will not return as Sharona, nurse and assistant to Shalhoub's obsessive-compulsive detective, when the show resumes the second half of its third season in January.

``'Monk' has decided to go in a different creative direction with some of its characters,'' a USA spokesman said. ``Bitty will not continue with the cast and we thank her for her notable contributions and wish her the very best.''

Advertisement

``Bitty Schram and USA Network have amicably decided to go their own separate ways ... She wishes everyone connected with the show continued success and looks forward to pursing the various opportunities before her,'' Schram's management firm, Untitled Entertainment, said in a statement.

Schram was with the series since its inception. She was nominated this year for a Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy series. Shalhoub won an Emmy for best actor in a comedy series after its first season.

USA already has put the word out in the casting community for a new regular part on the series, that of a world-weary but attractive thirtysomething widow who works as a bartender.

While both USA and Schram's management characterized Schram's exit as a change in creative direction, there were rumblings in recent weeks that some members of the series' supporting cast, including Schram, Ted Levine and Jason Gray-Stanford, attempted to renegotiate the terms of their contract. Levine and Gray-Stanford, who play San Francisco cops constantly vexed by Monk's unorthodox detective work, will remain with the series, according to a USA spokesman.

Sources indicated that the renegotiation process led to the most recent filmed episode being shot without any of the three supporting actors.

Television networks are increasingly willing to take a hard line against raise-seeking actors who aren't absolutely essential to the show. Last month, the CBS hit drama ``CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'' fired and rehired cast members George Eads and Jorja Fox after a similar salary standoff.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh, no! such devastation!

oh, yeah - wasn't monk relegated to the saturday night timeslot?

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
That is devastating wheres my sharona??? ten have finished airing season 2 the last ep being mr monk goes to jail. i suspect season 3 will start late this yr or early next yr. since ive d/l all 9 eps (with sharona) this season is much funnier and better than the last with better mysteries and story arcs.

routemarker

HSC
Silverstone said:
Sources indicated that the renegotiation process led to the most recent filmed episode being shot without any of the three supporting actors.
lol i know that episode and they did a good job about it. didnt even notice.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Only Monk Fans would know how TERRIBLE this news actually is.

This is the reason why I wont be able to watch Monk anymore :(

routemarker

HSC
pookie1234 said:
heres a pointer, bitch about good show catastophes, like the axing of grosse pointe!!
grosse pointe is not better than monk but hey it was pretty hilarious. Im not sure how much longet taht could have gone on with that. I vaguely remember it was a behind the scenes look at a soap and the trials and tribulations between the cast, producers and agents.

Blame theWB for that.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
pookie1234 said:
heres a pointer, bitch about good show catastophes, like the axing of grosse pointe!!
I was pretty devastated when Grosse Pointe was cancelled:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)