• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dichotomy between Creator and Created (1 Viewer)

Viru10

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering about possible contextual info. for the dichotomy between creator and created, in Blade Runner. My main points for this idea lie in Tyrell's immoral treatment of the replicans as slaves (e.g. refering to Rachel as an "experiment" and Roy as a "prize"). So would anyone have any contextual links possibly for this idea?, i couldn't really find anything decent.

Thanks in advance.

lychnobity

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering about possible contextual info. for the dichotomy between creator and created, in Blade Runner. My main points for this idea lie in Tyrell's immoral treatment of the replicans as slaves (e.g. refering to Rachel as an "experiment" and Roy as a "prize"). So would anyone have any contextual links possibly for this idea?, i couldn't really find anything decent.

Thanks in advance.
Frankenstein was written when the science world was making serious progress, while the literary/arts movement was very much focused on the inner self, its possibilities and all things metaphysical being the crux of existence. If anything, (IMO) Shelley was trying to explore the dramatic potential created by the scientific progress.

EDIT:
So, I didn't actually give an answer, but research along these lines:

Giovanni Aldini’s 1802 ‘corpse reanimation’ via electrocution

The timing of the novel and the starts/ends of the Industrial Revolution, Romanticism, Utilitarianism, shifts of Christian ideals, Gothicism

Parallels with Byron's ideals

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)