diediedie!! <not literally -______-;;> (2 Viewers)

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
um yeah.. so who else is stressing about their yearlys? like i know its not even HSC or anything and its only year 11.. so tell me.. why am i stressing?! and i cant study until i finish my assessments that are due.. soon;; and im working on them~slowly.. (which i should have done a month ago) ANYWAY!! yeah.. *sighs*

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
right.. i didnt even get to the point of my thread.. omg im stupid;; haha~~ so.. does anyone have good study tips i can use??? i really really need some and start cramming is not an option, its a must..

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well your not the only one stressing this time of the year is stressful for all be it HSC or preliminary students, so you can take comfort in knowing we all know how you feel. Although yes it is only preliminary to you it is the most important exams at the moment when your in the HSC year you will wonder why you stressed but now you are stressing because you want to achieve and do well.

As for what to do well you need to priorities and make lists on what needs to be done and exactly by when. You just have to make sacrifices to get things done and plan your time. As for some study tips well the following link will help you, here.

I wish you the best of luck. Hope that helped a little! :)

karnoganguli

HSC
no not really. I've just taken the stance of doing my best and i know i won't regret it. One: it isn't worth anything to year 12. Two: learning from mistakes. I should be as i am in the top class for physics, chem and maths... great now i'm stressing.

STUDY TIPS: stay way from the internet, gets to distracting especially when your talking to people u just met...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
There's a study tips thread actually stickied onto the main prelim forum here. Of course, there are many others, just do a search on them.

Strangely, I don't get excessively stressed over assessments or whatever much even if there's an unfinished (or unstarted, lol) assignment due the next day. Lol, I get stressed over other silly things.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I am not feeling too stressed about the yearlies coming up, I'm diverted my attention onto other things for the moment. I would suggest that you just study a bit each night until up to when you can really study, and then focus on the yearlies then. And there's a whole pile of study tips on this forum, and even on the main website, if you click the right tabs. Good luck with those yearlies :)

Agywaggy

HSC
I know how you feel, cuz just like you i have my yearlys really soon actually when i think about it, My exams start like next week. I made the mistake of trying to cram everything in the last 2weeks till exams, and realli i would advise against this, cuz a week before exams and i hven't got all my study notes. but if i've learnt anything, is not to Stress. cuz think about it? Where does Stress get u? If I've learnt anything from my friends either going through the hsc now or are now uni students other than what to drink (alcohol wise) is not to stress. cuz it seriusly doesn't get u anywhere cuz u just stress and sit and mope around feeling sorry about urself.
Just move on, get all the notes u need to get done. If ur class hasn't finished the course (like mine) finish it ur self. Use the syllabus and make ur own notes with the help of textbook, bos resources and I'm sure there are plenty of resources out there.
Hope that helps.

Good luck in ur yearlys. You'll be fine! just Stay Positive!

IceOnFire

HSC
Get down to it and just study
2 weeks till my yearlies.. need 2 memorise basically 3 textbooks by then.. hmmm.. =.="

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
My prelim exams start next week x.x

I NEED to make IPT notes. :S

airie

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
my prelim exams start this thursday. its been such a bad week cos i've been so sick

FAIL.
Poor girl. I know how annoying being sick is :( Been myself stuck doing nothing last week cos of my cold, not very fun :S Good luck for your exams anyway, hopefully you'll do well from previous work :)

punkoohi

HSC
well mine start on the 14th and im not planning to start notes now, im still working on assignments, they finish this Thursday... after that, im going tor eda over all my notes from my notebooks and my textbooks, understand it and learn definition of specific words... hopefully ill be set... i was stressing heaps, but then i thought about it.. and its like, what for? seriously.. your still young, just do your best... speaking of doing my best i better get back to my assignments, cya

Chocolat

HSC
I'm currently doing my yearlies...just have 3 more to go:D!!!
Anyway, the best advice that I've been given is to stay calm and focused. The worst thing that you can do is get stressed beyond belief at what you have to do, what you haven't learnt etc. Leave a bit of time for revision at like the end of each night, and then if possible read over your notes in the morning as well. Try and suss out if you have any difficulties that need addressing and ask your teacher for some help.
They're my main study tips...hope that all your upcoming yearlies go really well! :D

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
@ airie: I'm pretty sure with the amount of time that you spend on the computer, you'll eventually get around to doing those IPT notes. Key word is eventually :p

@ Gangles: Hope you get better soon :)

To all: Good luck with your yearly exams :)

airie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
@ airie: I'm pretty sure with the amount of time that you spend on the computer, you'll eventually get around to doing those IPT notes. Key word is eventually :p
Eventually. Like the day before the exam? x.x

And thank you for your good luck :) Good luck to everyone too! :D

nardine92

riri2go
HSC
hey
ive almost finished my yearlys and if you really wanna know, its a load of crap but when your done its totally worth it i swear
i did my maths 2 unit trial even though im in yr 11 and once youve done that kind of stuff its easy t relax
take comfort in the knowledge that this means absolutely nothing and once your done you can forget EVERYTHING and go ouparting last time fore year 12
good luck

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Martyno1 said:
Me to, God I hate IPT.
airie said:
My prelim exams start next week x.x

I NEED to make IPT notes. :S

You all probably hate IPT because you spend too much time on the computers before the secure internets courtesy of fucking DET or you don't familiarise yourself with the course

SoulSearcher said:

@ Gangles: Hope you get better soon :)

To all: Good luck with your yearly exams :)

Sums up my point ... I bet the probability of getting very high marks in all my exams is the same as winning the lottery (50%) ...

nardine92 said:
hey
ive almost finished my yearlys and if you really wanna know, its a load of crap but when your done its totally worth it i swear
i did my maths 2 unit trial even though im in yr 11 and once youve done that kind of stuff its easy t relax
take comfort in the knowledge that this means absolutely nothing and once your done you can forget EVERYTHING and go ouparting last time fore year 12
good luck
NO

When a university course happens to require Mathematics as assumed knowledge, what next ?

Last edited:

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
well..~~ so much from keeping away from the computer.. Oo oh well~~
ok.. dont stress;; yes! i can do that.. ughhhh.. thanks everyone for trying to help and stuff.. and all the thoughtful/helpful advice.. hmm~ better start studying!

airie

HSC
f3nr15 said:
You all probably hate IPT because you spend too much time on the computers before the secure internets courtesy of fucking DET or you don't familiarise yourself with the course
o.0

I don't concern IPT exams with the DET. And anyway, none of the sites that I wanna go to are blocked :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)