Diff between Exm and Assessment Marks (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
I don't think so. In SORII my exam mark was 87/100 and my internal mark 93/100 (6 mark difference) giving me a HSC mark of 90. And my friend got an exam mark of 91/100 in Physics and an assessment mark of 81/100 (10 mark difference) giving him a HSC mark of 86.

Last edited:

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
If my exam mark was a lot higher i would be pissed off. It clearly shows that the teachers didnt like you.

A l

HSC
N/A
If your exam mark and moderated assessment marks differed a great number of marks, then that means your rank in school internally and your rank in school in the exams had changed dramatically. It is certainly possible (but highly unlikely) for someone who came first to slump down all the way to last or vice versa, that's where large differences occur.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Ee2: Internal 34/50, External 45/50

11 mark difference for me. I recently found out the person that did indeed come first internally came last externally, so I guess that explains it (I came first externally). Sucks for me though.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I got exam mark of 92 for Chem, and assessment mark of 81, giving me a 87 average. Stupid shitty rank.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
krabby_me said:
If my exam mark was a lot higher i would be pissed off. It clearly shows that the teachers didnt like you.

No it doesn't.

The assessment marks are moderated to the exam marks with the total marks allocated for the scaled assessment marks equalling the total exam marks earnt by the students at your school.

E.g. if the school had 20 students doing the subject with a combined exam mark of 1600(average of 80) then the total marks to be allocated for the moderated assessment mark is also 1600 with the top exam mark and the bottom exam marks being allocated to the students who were ranked that way by the school.

As the school uses a full 100 marks and the BOS really only uses marks from 50 up (less than 1.5% of the state get less than 50 in most courses now) the assessment marks are usually scaling up quite a bit from those sent on from the school. This year all my students assessments went up by at least 5 marks with one going up nearly 40 (I sent it in at 18 and it came back at 57).

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah my chem marks differ. My assessment mark is 11 marks higher than my exam mark.

HSC
I got big differences in my exam / assessment marks, my exam marks much higher

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
Yeah; my English Adv exam mark was 89, with an assessment mark of 95 - which verifies my suspicion that I really did screw up Area of Study. My Maths exam mark was 88 though, with an assessment mark of 84, so my maths study during stu vac kind of paid off.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
But I reckon it's stupid if it really differs by that amount (like 10 or so)...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah, mine are ALMOST exactly the same for all subjects, like one mark difference. Except for chem, but thats completely understandable. I SUCK at chem. i will not tell anyone on here either of my marks. but theyre both shitty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)