digital camera comparisons... (2 Viewers)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hp photosmart 735
http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/16_60_206_1837_Q2210A.html

fujifilm finepix a340
http://www.fujifilm.com.au/digital/cameras/camera.asp?id=33

KODAK CX7330
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2231&pq-locale=en_AU

KODAK CX730
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=1827&pq-locale=en_AU0

here are teh specs for 4 cameras. in your opinion, which would be the 'best'. please state why. also any other gen info/comments, please feel free to make them.

thanks. :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i guess the main thing concerns abt the pricing of the product and the idea MP you want.
how much MP do you want anyway, as the higher the MP is the more dear it is going to be.

eyebrowman

HSC
3.2meg is more than enuff, unless your a hardcore phtographer and you gon a print large ass prints with detailed quality

if i had to choose i'd proably say the kodak one, hp isnt recognised making cameras

and make sure u get one with decent optical zoom..at least 3x

and why not get a canon one?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ya get a canon ...
advanced simplicity

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
no one a fan of the sony's?

you can get the dscp8 for around $400 if i remember correctly.. with a bonus pack as well.. its 3.2mp and records vids with sound...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
wee.. ive got a sony one dscp92 or something?
5mp blah blah blah got all the features that JLH has.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hmm...i should have explained a bit more..my mistake:)

ok, i'm getting these on the telstra rewards thing, so price doesnt really matter. :p

i can 'afford' any of these. i am not really looking for a supers snazzy camera. just one that i can use often.

so it comes down to which is the best one out of this bunch?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
rather get the higher the Mp the better, seeing that higher the MP its more expensive.
also check the effective zooms.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
what else are you looking for? quality or speed of photos, more options? afaik technical support is the same for all of them (provided you buy new), umm..

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
quality is pretty important. options are pretty important, like choosing the size/quality of teh picture.

what do you mean by speed of photos?
and also, i dont understand the zoom...which one do i look for, optical or digital, both? :confused:

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
size and quality of a pic is like the norm on any camera... tis features like manual focus and aperture settings and like shutter priority thingy that realli matter and all thos fiddly things that distinguish a point and click to one of those cameras that actually look like a normal camera....

umm anywayz... just go the first kodak one uve got listed there... because the hp model u got there is crappy... the fujifilm one im not so sure about and the kodak has better add ons an all that jazz... plus u got a lil bit of memory on the camera built in... and they have so many products that can be used together... but yea... go the KODAK CX7330 if u HAVE to choose one of them..

Olympus and Nikon rule! so i dunno what u guys are on bout....

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
oh btw.. digital zoom is crap anyway.. theres no point in using them cuz it doesnt actually zoom with ur lens but on the camera.. think of digital zoom like croppping a picture and enlarging it... totally not pretti....
optical zoom actually uses the lens to zoom in... so like u no the normal camerasa how u use the focus/zoom ring to zoom in and out? think of like binoculars and microscopes.. they actually zoom in closer... u dont lose image quality or anything with optical zoom as it actually zooms in on an object...]

with speed of photos anti might be referring to how fast the camera can take a pic or possibly save it to disk? :confused: i dunno...but yea.. shutter speeds are important.. and if u can choose ur shutter speed or if its automatic... basically the faster the shutter speed.. the better u can take moving objects.. slower speeds are used in low lighting conditions.. so like at night time the camera should shouldnt take the pic as fast or else all ull see is black.. basically the slower speed is to take in more light...

but yea.. it all comes down to what u want in a digi cam... oh and 3.2 Mp is like the absolute minimum if u want to print any of the photos...
before actually buying any of them tho... have a look at reviews and check out each of their flaws.. like how bad is the difference what u see and what u actually take... cuz im guessing non of them have EVF.. but optical ones...and check out actual piccys taken by them... is the colour balanced... is there purple fringing... u no that stuff... but yea... umm.. i dunno...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
cheers mick_et :)

shutter speed 1/2 - 1/1400 seconds

does it mean, i can control what kind of shutter speed i want to use?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
camera came in today....:D

thanks for the help everyone.

kodak cx7330, not the greatest, but hey it is free :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)