Director's folio Rhinoceros NEEDS HELP!! (1 Viewer)

rogga

HSC
alright, now i might be really blatantly obvious but what exaclty im i suppost to be doing for a directors folio?!! yeh i know its bascily the blueprint to a play and you follow the BOS critiera.

Im really confused as to how to write it, my teacher has suggest that i write it up under the paragraphs of the BOS critera eg Concept/Vision, Author/style, Elements of production etc but ive found writing it up that ways very confunsing and my writings unclear. Currently my directors folio is written up kind of like a walkthrough of the play and kind of like a review addressing the lights, costumes, props etc.

Its over the 3500 words and "reads too much like a english essay" thats what my teacher says. So bascily i need HELP anything on rhinocors or how to write a directors folio in GENRAL would be very helpful. anyone?

thanks

s maclean

HSC
hey, ive been having trouble with mine too (im doing the tempest) but from what i can tell, it should have subheadings like:

Rationale
Plot Summary
Research
Character Anaylsis
2-3 scenes detailed (the ones most important)
Design -- Set overall
Design -- Lighting overall
Design -- Costume overall

And all through it you need to say why your doing it that way, ie what the audience will see/feel.

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)