Discovery Speech Draft - Rainbow's End (1 Viewer)

jordankoorey

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum ..

I was hoping I can have some feedback from you all about my speech. At first, I have only my introduction.

The question: "Discovers foster a reevaluation of the self, others and the wider world". I'd need to discuss how Rainbows End relates to discovery and incorporate techniques to support it

Ladies and gentlemen, what does discovery mean to you? How many discoveries do you make a day? How do these discoveries foster a re-evaluation of yourself, others and the wider world? Is it possible that the discovery of water on Mars and the incredible discovery of gravitational waves proposed in 1916 and finally discovered in February of 2016 change the way we see the universe? This immaculate discovery leads us to re-evaluate not only what we had believed in prior to the discovery but this discovery is expected to open up a whole new avenue for researchers to study the nature and history of the universe. Today, I come from the University of NSW to answer these questions and to discuss in this seminar how the play Rainbows End by Jane Robinson communicates the concept of discovery. Discovery is the process of revealing something which has been unknown or concealed resulting in a wealth of knowledge, which ultimately leads us to foster a re-evaluation of ourselves, others and the world. Discoveries usually involve a catalyst which may be led by curiosity or motivations. It may involve a journey that an individual will embark on, in order to achieve the truth. It may involve a transformation, they can be confronting and provocative whereby the consequences of this particular discovery leads us to change, which can both internal and external and both positive or negative making us see the world differently. These varying typeso f discoveries are seen and explored throughout Jane Harrisons play Rainbows End.

Rainbow End is a play written by Jane Harrison which explores the historical context and political setting of Australia in the 1950s by the factual events of Queen Elizabeth ll’s visit to Australia and the growing Americanisation of Australia post 1945. Which is represented through American pop-culture such as “Pick a box” and radio personalities such as Bob Dyer. The play explores the political subtext which reveals the representation of the First Nation People in terms of protectionism, assimilation and self-determination which also explores other issues such as Aboriginal housing, forcible removal of children and the rights of citizenship thereby the audience can discover in great depth the damning indictment treatment of Aboriginal peoples and the continuous protest led by Nan Dear and Paper Dear. Harrison’s text provides an insightful understanding of the ways in which we discover and transform ourselves through our interaction with others as well as the consequences of colonisation by White Europeans and its impact on the other are skilfully explored in Harrison’s play revealing the possibilities for individual growth represented through the characterisation, Inparticlar, Gladys and play techniques which include ....... yet to include

Throughout the entire play we are continuously making discoveries from each and every character. These are reflected through the use of techniques such as ….
The power of discoveries can lead to the destruction of long held generalisation and change of perception. This is evident through the use .......

Memphis Depay

HSC
Solid, however i dont recommend you share your personal speech on this website. There are alot and i mean alot of people who try to claim free content so they can achieve high and hence you may be caught for plagiarism even though you created it

StudiousStudent

HSC
Solid, however i dont recommend you share your personal speech on this website. There are alot and i mean alot of people who try to claim free content so they can achieve high and hence you may be caught for plagiarism even though you created it
+ 1

I'd take it down, maybe PM someone you feel you can trust.

At my school we had to submit a copy of our speeches electronically, and if your school uses turnitin you could definitely be accused of plagiarism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)